There are newer employer reviews for Arc Worldwide

Great freelance experience

Former Contractor - Senior Content Strategist in Chicago, IL
Former Contractor - Senior Content Strategist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Arc Worldwide as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

This is my favorite agency to work for and I'm a repeat contractor who has worked at big and small agencies. The teams I have worked on have all been comprised of smart, funny and quick people who know what they are doing. The best part of working here has been the organization level of the PMs- they know how to delegate, organize and herd cats. Seriously. I can't be the only one who appreciates getting clear direction and deadlines on my part of the project. They help you succeed in your role and you can't ask for anything better than that. They're also very cool about working remotely and flexible hours.

Cons

As others have mentioned, it's very difficult to get to know anyone, especially those who are not on your team or on different floors. And if you are a freelancer, it's even harder. Everyone is very busy and it can be cliquey. Also, freelancer are never invited to events or parties, which shouldn't be an expectation but it's nice to be noticed sometimes. I don't know what it's like to be here full-time/perm, but I have noticed that people tend to work a lot of overtime on some projects but that is probably to be expected anywhere.

I don't have any advice. From a freelance perspective, I've been very happy with the organization and experience at Arc.

reviews filtered by
  1. Positive experience for eight year stint

Current Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Arc Worldwide full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Strong leadership, Quality Work, Great culture

Cons

Heavy workload, but expected in the industry

Consider work/life balance a bigger priority

Embarrassing Work 24/7

Former Contractor - Associate Creative Director in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Associate Creative Director in Chicago, IL

I worked at Arc Worldwide as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

There's some nice creative people and free beverages

Cons

Hours of meetings every day to discuss the next meeting and meetings about meetings-and oh yeah loooong 'brainstorms' with 'ideas' that end up in over-produced 'white pages'. End result of 12 hour days and weekends? "Enter to Win the Coke Holiday Give-a-way.
    I'm not bitter, since I've only freelanced there, but I don't know why anyone would pick this place for a long career. There's not much I'd be proud to show in my portfolio, but if you like making hackneyed work really complicated, this is your place!
    As far as day rates go-they are shameless. THEY MAKE YOU SIGN A CONTRACT EVERY WEEK TO WORK 7 DAYS, but you only get paid for 5.
    The contract says 'Monday-Sunday', which means if you get paid 500.00 a day and you work 14 hour days and have to come in on the occasional weekend, you'd be better off waiting tables.
    The company is rife with talented people who should get the hell out of there. Once you work there, forget a portfolio that gets you noticed.

Stop making everything so complicated and loosen up. Manage your clients. Don't be mad that people have personal lives and doctor appts.

There are newer employer reviews for Arc Worldwide