Great freelance experience

Former Contractor - Senior Content Strategist in Chicago, IL
Former Contractor - Senior Content Strategist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Arc Worldwide as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

This is my favorite agency to work for and I'm a repeat contractor who has worked at big and small agencies. The teams I have worked on have all been comprised of smart, funny and quick people who know what they are doing. The best part of working here has been the organization level of the PMs- they know how to delegate, organize and herd cats. Seriously. I can't be the only one who appreciates getting clear direction and deadlines on my part of the project. They help you succeed in your role and you can't ask for anything better than that. They're also very cool about working remotely and flexible hours.

Cons

As others have mentioned, it's very difficult to get to know anyone, especially those who are not on your team or on different floors. And if you are a freelancer, it's even harder. Everyone is very busy and it can be cliquey. Also, freelancer are never invited to events or parties, which shouldn't be an expectation but it's nice to be noticed sometimes. I don't know what it's like to be here full-time/perm, but I have noticed that people tend to work a lot of overtime on some projects but that is probably to be expected anywhere.

Advice to Management

I don't have any advice. From a freelance perspective, I've been very happy with the organization and experience at Arc.

Other Employee Reviews for Arc Worldwide

1. Lots of interesting projects

Former Contractor - User Experience Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - User Experience Consultant in Chicago, IL

I worked at Arc Worldwide as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

There are many interesting projects to work on at Arc and talented team members to work alongside.

Cons

Some of the senior product side people are less than wonderful to work with, very intolerant of ideas that have not originated with them and poison the work environment with hostile attitude.

2. Positive experience for eight year stint

Current Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Arc Worldwide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Strong leadership, Quality Work, Great culture

Cons

Heavy workload, but expected in the industry

Advice to Management

Consider work/life balance a bigger priority