Arc Worldwide

www.arcww.com
There are newer employer reviews for Arc Worldwide

Neat place to work, but with some important limitations

I worked at Arc Worldwide

Pros

Wow, the benefits, can they get any better? Between many holidays, a gazillion vacation days, unlimited (within reason) sick days, employee perks, etc., Arc's offerings are hard to beat. Not to mention the professional advancement opportunities (training, conferences, etc.) and the ability to work on extremely high-profile clients and ground-breaking creative work.

Cons

Politics, politics, politics. If you're not on the correct side of the aisle, and it's not your turn to talk, God help you, even if the project is ass-backwards and costing 10x as much as it should. Management is often oblivious and incompetent and employees have little recourse. Personnel concerns are not always addressed effectively or sincerely. Information sharing across clients is non-existent and duplicative work is commonplace. To sum it up, it's a cool agency that's becoming too corporatized.

SHARE, SHARE, SHARE! You're wasting a crap-ton of resources on parallel efforts so much of the time. Too many managers may be sufficiently degreed or pedigreed, but lack critical, innate people and leadership abilities that would get them nary a janitorial job elsewhere. Defer to employees as often as managers on what's going on beyond the surface. Encourage even the lowest on the totem pole to chime in with feedback -- yes, even if they have a concern about how a concept looks -- yes, even if they're not the Associate Creative Director on the project.

49 Other Employee Reviews for Arc Worldwide (View Most Recent)

Good place to work

I have been working at Arc Worldwide

Pros

Great benefits, fun and laidback environment

Cons

Under-performing employees are transferred to other teams within the company or the problem is ignored. Bad employees need to be held accountable for their actions and not just passed off from one team to another.

As a large company, Arc/LB needs to find ways to communicate better within our own office. I feel as if I'm in a "bubble" on my floor, with little knowledge about what's going on with other accounts, departments, etc.

Arc is okay

I have been working at Arc Worldwide

Pros

I'm lucky to work on a team that is comprised of very passionate, smart, dedicated, and talented people. I also have the pleasure of working on a very important, high-profile client.

Cons

Pay raise and promotion freeze across the board. But somehow there are exceptions to that rule. Will always be in the shadow of sister agency Leo Burnett.

Stand by the mantra that the company is only as good as their people and take care of those people.

There are newer employer reviews for Arc Worldwide