ArcSight

www.arcsight.com
  www.arcsight.com
There are newer employer reviews for ArcSight

ArcSight - not what it used to be

Current Employee - Presales Engineer in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Presales Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at ArcSight full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company is full of smart people and excellent technology. The benefits are very good and so are the perks (snacks, drinks, happy hour, etc.).

Cons

Excessively political. The ability to get something completed is based on who you know in the company. The training program is inadequate to successfully prepare one to be successful. I'm a presales engineer in the east and have been neglected by my management. I am strongly considering working for a competitor.

Focus more on people development and less on politics. Too often people are promoted based on personal relationships and not industry expertise.

19 Other Employee Reviews for ArcSight (View Most Recent)

Before HP, it was great, however now the opportunites are slipping away

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at ArcSight

Pros

Intelligent co-workers, great atmosphere, interesting technology and work. The office is easy to reach and great for folks living near Cupertino. Politics aren't too bad compared to other places I've been at.

Cons

After HP acquired ArcSight, it's been going downhill, little by little. First, the benefits suck in general. Second we are now having to do things the "HP way" which means a lot more bureaucracy. Third, there is no IT dept, it's all self-IT which means you now have to spend your time learning how to fix your own computer.

Keep trying to hold on to what made ArcSight great, namely the people, and little social perks that brings the team together, and not letting ArcSight get lost in HP.

chained to your desk

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at ArcSight

Pros

Nice Co-workers
    In today's economy - salary is fair market
    free lunch on wed
    flexibly vacation/time off

Cons

Support Management takes the approach that you need to sacrifice your life for the company
    Support Management does not consider the employees need for advancement and growth
    Support Management only sees you as an asset for business needs
    Support management squeezes the most out of you
    Support Management takes an elite approach / favoritism towards promotions
    If you are in a particular division of support - you may have a less stressful job - others are constantly stressed
    Recognition is not about technical merit but on your ability to kiss-ass to management

Hire more headcount to reduce the unneeded stress
    Listen to the needs to the employee - growth - even horizontal moves are ignored
    Do not be in denial - almost everyone is looking to escape, however, the economy is not good - don't abuse the situation and promote growth and in return receive loyalty and excellent work attitudes

There are newer employer reviews for ArcSight