ArcSight - not what it used to be

Current Employee - Presales Engineer  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Presales Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at ArcSight full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is full of smart people and excellent technology. The benefits are very good and so are the perks (snacks, drinks, happy hour, etc.).

Cons

Excessively political. The ability to get something completed is based on who you know in the company. The training program is inadequate to successfully prepare one to be successful. I'm a presales engineer in the east and have been neglected by my management. I am strongly considering working for a competitor.

Focus more on people development and less on politics. Too often people are promoted based on personal relationships and not industry expertise.

Other Reviews for ArcSight

Before HP, it was great, however now the opportunites are slipping away

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at ArcSight

Pros

Intelligent co-workers, great atmosphere, interesting technology and work. The office is easy to reach and great for folks living near Cupertino. Politics aren't too bad compared to other places I've been at.

Cons

After HP acquired ArcSight, it's been going downhill, little by little. First, the benefits suck in general. Second we are now having to do things the "HP way" which means a lot more bureaucracy. Third, there is no IT dept, it's all self-IT which means you now have to spend your time learning how to fix your own computer.

Keep trying to hold on to what made ArcSight great, namely the people, and little social perks that brings the team together, and not letting ArcSight get lost in HP.

Very nice Team, Support organization management is very manipulative

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer  in  Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at ArcSight

Pros

Great people (smart, nice, fun)
    Open knowledge sharing
    Free lunch on Wednesdays
    Free snacks and sodas
    Mature IT environment

Cons

Support organization management
    Lack of career path
    Rampant favoritism
    Unfair promotion standards (or non-existent)
    Support managers try to intimidate employees
    Recent HP retention bonus ($1 Million paid over 2 years) for Support was distributed as follows (roughly): 70% paid to 11 people (management team, back line team and DBA's) and 30% paid to 25 Technical Support Engineers
    Elitist attitude of the people who have been around from day 1 - do it our way or take the highway and don't suggest another way of doing it...

There are newer employer reviews for ArcSight.

Worked for ArcSight? Contribute to the Community!