There are newer employer reviews for ArcSight

Good company to work for

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

I worked at ArcSight full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good company to work for, Friendly and effective working relationship between people and groups. Good work life balance.

Cons

Merging into HP changed the company's culture to the style of a large corporation. Arcsight has lost some of the its attractiveness but added some other aspects.

19 Other Employee Reviews for ArcSight (View Most Recent)

ArcSight - not what it used to be

Current Employee - Presales Engineer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Presales Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at ArcSight full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company is full of smart people and excellent technology. The benefits are very good and so are the perks (snacks, drinks, happy hour, etc.).

Cons

Excessively political. The ability to get something completed is based on who you know in the company. The training program is inadequate to successfully prepare one to be successful. I'm a presales engineer in the east and have been neglected by my management. I am strongly considering working for a competitor.

Focus more on people development and less on politics. Too often people are promoted based on personal relationships and not industry expertise.

Before HP, it was great, however now the opportunites are slipping away

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Cupertino, CA

I have been working at ArcSight

Pros

Intelligent co-workers, great atmosphere, interesting technology and work. The office is easy to reach and great for folks living near Cupertino. Politics aren't too bad compared to other places I've been at.

Cons

After HP acquired ArcSight, it's been going downhill, little by little. First, the benefits suck in general. Second we are now having to do things the "HP way" which means a lot more bureaucracy. Third, there is no IT dept, it's all self-IT which means you now have to spend your time learning how to fix your own computer.

Keep trying to hold on to what made ArcSight great, namely the people, and little social perks that brings the team together, and not letting ArcSight get lost in HP.

There are newer employer reviews for ArcSight