Arcadia University

Fun but can be tedious

Former Employee - Office Worker in Glenside, PA
Former Employee - Office Worker in Glenside, PA

I worked at Arcadia University

Pros

Great environment even though it's very small, however that makes it easier to get to know everyone and it can be a very fun place if you get along well with others.

Cons

Can be very boring at times as much doesn't happen, also because it is so small it can get lonely.

Listen to the students more, I have heard incredible things from them and they can really make this University much better.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Arcadia University (View Most Recent)

The university offers excellent benefits, and fellow co-workers are great, but don't work in Enrollment Management.

I worked at Arcadia University

Pros

Best benefit package ever - lots of paid time off, including week between Christmas and New Years, very low share of cost for benefits, university contributes 8% of your annual salary to the retirement plan (two to choose from). You can take two classes each semester under the tuition remission program and it doesn't have to relate to your job. You will have the opportunity to work with some very dedicated people. It is a great environment to work in because you are helping young people get an education.

Cons

Stay away from Enrollment Management. The stress level is too high. You will have to work a lot of overtime and you won't be allowed to take classes under the tuition remission program. There is not a lot of recognition for the hard work you do in EM and the only way to get a promotion is to threaten to quit.

I.T. Workers: Stay Away!

I worked at Arcadia University

Pros

The benefits are great. The health-care is good, free tuition for yourself/family is great, the amount of vacation time's good, access to campus facilities (gym, pool, etc) is a bonus. The campus is beautiful as well. It's nice just to take a walk around on a break.

Cons

I worked in the IT department, and I can say with absolute certainty that the senior IT management is terrible. The turnover rate is a serious problem because of that. It's common for people to leave in under a year. Senior management has unrealistic expectations that set the department up to fail, so we rarely met the users expectations. They rarely stand up for their team, they reprimand the team on issues out of their control, including unrealistic time-lines they set up, and they agree to users' requests before consulting those who actually do the work.

So, if you're interested in working for IT, be warned. I'm not a bitter person, I'm just trying to prevent anyone else from wasting a year of their life being overworked and stressed before ultimately quitting.

Many of us were disappointed with changes in senior management. Many left because of it, and said so in their exit interviews. We figured it was only a matter of time before the department collapsed and senior management was changed again. However, things started to collapsed and nothing happened. It's only a matter of time before they do, but it wasn't worth the wait.

There are newer employer reviews for Arcadia University