ArchCare
www.archcare.org New York, NY 500 to 999 Employees

You've Got To Love This Work

Recreation Therapist (Current Employee)
New York, NY

ProsIndependence is promoted, as is developing new skills. I am able to create specialized programming specific to the needs of the population I am working with at the moment, so I remain flexible, spontaneous, and most of the time, joy filled.

ConsOverworked, understaffed, paperwork depletes ability to do job without pressure to perform. Poor physical condition of patients admitted to sub acute floor lowers quality of life for healthier patients.

Advice to Senior ManagementChoose your sub acute admits with care. Care more about the quality of care and environment than filling the beds. It doesn't look good to have sub acute patients coming from the hospital and put directly onto hospice and/or dying in their first few days at facility.

Homecare RN

Home Care RN (Current Employee)

I have been working at ArchCare full-time for less than a year

Pros: Nurse manager is has real nursing skills, not an adminstrator… Cons: the culture is horrible, you get attacked by the other disciplines, they try to discredit you publicly during morning report. The communication skills are… Advice to Senior Management: Instead of spending $ on outside companies doing anonymus surveys… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not very good. Heavy handed and alot of back stabbing

Social Worker (Current Employee)

I have been working at ArchCare full-time for less than a year

Pros: decent salary and benefits. Watch watch you say around the office especially if you are a… Cons: You have to wait very long to take a sick day. Management not very friendly and can be punitive. I was suspended… Advice to Senior Management: I think you have not done enough to address employee satisfaction. Files… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on ArchCare.

Worked for ArchCare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ArchCare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ArchCare CEO Scott La Rue. All reviews posted anonymously by ArchCare employees.