Archstone
www.archstoneapartments.com Englewood, CO 1000 to 5000 Employees

Meh - it's okay

Leasing Consultant (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsVery low stress September - March. Job is easy if you are organized and ACTUALLY do what is asked of you. If you live at an Archstone you also get rent discounts...depending where its like 10%-40% (they tax you on it tho)

If you have a degree AND drink the Archstone Kool-Aid you can definitely move up in the company.

ConsHigh stress April - August.

I feel like expectations made in training are great, but i don't feel it translates onsite very well. People seem to take what they like from the classes and ditch what they don't care for. You kind of end up having a lot of people on different pages and it can create problems. Also the training is a lot of just common sense stuff. Its strange when people act so wowed by it all....

I don't know if its common at all communities, but where I work I feel like the roles of the different positions are NOT made clear. Customer service people often take money way from Leasing Consultants by being asked to lease. I often waste my time doing lease alterations that the customer service people won't take off my hands (even though I am doing their job and not getting paid for my efforts). There are other examples of things like this throughout.

It seems like mostly all onsite employees are good people. Nevertheless, some work their butts off, while others coast by or avoid work entirely.

I was told if I preformed poorly I would make around 35k per year. I out preformed all my coworkers and made 32k.

I know others who make 70k+ doing the same thing at other communities. It seems like it ends up being luck of the draw in many different aspects.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees and you don't need to constantly be bringing in new people. If you want to make Archstone the Ritz Carlton of Property Management then compensate your people better and focus in on getting REAL onsite feedback.

Everyone says how everything is so great because no one wants to speak up - only to get in trouble or to be labelled as having a bad attitude for doing so. If upper management could hear the rumblings they would know that all the employees have the same concerns (pay, disconnect between onsite and corporate, under-staffing, and clearly defined roles)

Those who disagree are part of a small minority who either drank the Kool-Aid, faked it because they are shooting for a management position, or they got very lucky with the community they landed.

Decent pay, but poor on-site management.

Customer Service Associate (Former Employee)
    Washington, DC

I worked at Archstone

Pros: Decent pay, but only because I decided to stay too long. Out of 5, I had only one really good manager that was swiftly moved… Cons: Besides the fact of having a PM degree, I was held back from applying for management positions on more than one occasion, usually with very… Advice to Senior Management: Really take a good look at the associates you are hiring. You should really be trying to see if they are a compassionate, business-minded individual,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Overall a great place to work!

Seattle, WA

I have been working at Archstone

Pros: Great benefits and knowledgeable leaders. Cons: Lack of communication in regards to the future of the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Archstone.

Worked for Archstone? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Archstone reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Archstone CEO R. Scot Sellers. All reviews posted anonymously by Archstone employees.