Great career with Archstone

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Archstone full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They invest in annual training of all associates and three times a year they close the business to award and recognize all on site associates

Cons

Its a real estate company and sometimes the community you work in gets sold to another property management company.

Advice to Management

Benefits for same sex partners!

Other Employee Reviews for Archstone

1. You get what you pay for...cheapest company I've ever worked for.

Former Employee - Doorman in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Doorman in New York, NY

I worked at Archstone full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I had a union position, so I had my benefits to count on. My shift was alright too.

Cons

Leasing office a scam & joke. Management...total mismanagement. Service manager a bigger joke.

Advice to Management

Spend money...stop trying to keep salaries low all the time. You get what you pay for. If you want quality, you have to spend money to get it. Hire building managers who have actual residential building management experience instead of hiring ex-hotel managers. It's not the same thing!!! Hire a real building superintendent not a low management stooge called a service manager. it's nothing more than pencil pusher position. His most important concern is coming under budget every month so he can collect a bonus. Stop treating the union workers like dirt. Management creates a us(union) vs them(leasing office)environment, no one benefits. No teamwork or communication at all.

Hard to advance even if your qualified!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Archstone full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Benefits are great, location of office, growing industry

Cons

If you are qualified for an advancement/promotion. Experience does not count or matter. other REIT pay better.

Advice to Management

-Stop hiring less qualified people outside the company instead of trying to hire or advance someone who already works for the company. I have seen this alot and it then leaves the qualified person training the new person who is now in a higher position then they are. (they really weren't the better applicant) -Treat your hard working, tenure employees better. You have a lot of employee looking for other opportunities now, every time I turn around another one is leaving. The newest employee use to have five years at ASN at the least. -Company states they have an open door policy but if you go to management or HR with an issue and they don't want to fix it you are then tagged the bad employee and they look for ways to write you up and later fire you. HR is only here for upper management.. -Company was 100 times better when I started 10+ years ago, they cared about their employees.