Archstone

www.archstoneapartments.com

I enjoyed working for this company!

Former Employee - Admin Assistant  in  Davie, FL
Former Employee - Admin Assistant in Davie, FL

Pros

I really liked working with this company. The position did not pay much but rent discount helped make up for it. Also, the company would sponsor periodic "fun days" for its employees where they recognized outstanding employees.

Cons

The pay rate for admin assistant was not the best at the time I was there.

Other reviews for Archstone

Leasing Consultant

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Washington, DC

Pros

Good health benefits and decent time off

Cons

There is no upward mobility no matter how hard you work

As a former employee, I have seen time and time again good, hardworking employees leave the company. While a Leasing Consultant at the same community for three years, I EXCEEDED what was required via management to move up: paying bills, DOING ACTUAL SERVICE REQUESTS (this includes caulking a bathtub at 10:00 at night since your service team failed to get turn ready for the next day), scheduling all outside contractors for a community-wide two year project, training new employees on the side, maintaining a 96% occupancy rate at the worst time of the year, should I go on? Unfortunately, this is not enough for Archstone as they as even more of their employees.

My manager was never at the community and during the crazy snow storm that we had two years ago, I worked a 38 (yes, thirty-eight) hour shift as the concierge since nobody was able to get to the community. Was I thanked for this? Of course not. I was always being held to higher standards than anyone else and was never given a raise of any type, nor incentive.

My final straw was when three of the managers in my area somehow "disappeared" into the sky and were no longer with the company. Within three weeks of that, two of my other friends left and then I put in my hat too. The funny thing is though is that the residents at my old community see me often and are begging for me to come back. The other day at the grocery store, I was approached by one and they told me how bad things have gotten since I left. They said that they would contact corporate to hire me back on and I simply said, "no thanks".

I just found out today that the head of HR had their last today today (not surprised) and that the concierge training manager is gone as well. I guess I can count my blessings since I got out a the right time and didn't waste my time, nor hard effort with this crazy and dysfunctional company.

Still fairly new with the company, but so far it's fine and looking forward to new opportunities and challenges.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

Overall, a positive environment and opportunity for growth

Cons

It appears that those holding an administrative role aren't viewed/treated the same as those in other roles. Also, if they don't like someone, you're won't last with the company.

Be transparent - if someone isn't a fit, tell them! Communication is key. Stop wasting their time and yours and stop pretending you'll help them advance. Give them the opportunity to fix it, find another position or just move on.

There are newer employer reviews for Archstone.

Worked for Archstone? Contribute to the Community!