Community Manager

Current Employee - Community Manager
Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Archstone

Pros

Opportunities for continued learning and growth

Cons

The company is constantly improving how things are done so I dont have any negatives as of now

Advice to Management

as a leader in innovation I think more focus on educational development for those working for the company without a degree would be a great way to promote more leaders from within.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

No career path!

I have been working at Archstone

Pros

Stable company, good salary, bonus program. Not a sweat shop, good location. Good communication from CEO during quarterly meetings, events.

Cons

This company is way too top heavy and doesn't groom employees for growth or success. Promotions for employees are rare and reviews unfavorable.

Advice to Management

Senior Management needs to focus on lower level employees. Too many great employees are forced to leave because of collusion between managers of different groups. Everyone is out for themselves, and there is no team atmosphere in IT.

Company has gone downhill as a result of decisions that benefitted senior management at the expense of staff...

Former Employee - Assistant Vice President
    Former Employee - Assistant Vice President

I worked at Archstone

Pros

My local office was a total pleasure to work in. My boss was great; I learned alot from the other people in the office; and everyone was very accommodating whenever something came up that took me out of the office. I also had good experiences dealing with some of the lower-level and mid-level staff at regional offices across the country.

Cons

The decision-making process at the corporate level is a total disaster. Not only were decisions made that have led to the rapid and continuing shrinkage of the company, but there was essentially zero communication from senior management to staff (even senior-level staff) during the early and mid stages of the financial crisis -- when Archstone's parent company went bankrupt, there was more information in the newspapers and on TV than there was within the company. It is a travesty that the same people who made those disastrous decisions remain in place.

Advice to Management

Look yourselves in the mirror and realize that your selfish and short-sighted decision to do the Lehman deal, which lined your pockets, had the result of MASSIVE job losses for employees who'd been loyal to you. There are lives in tatters all across this country as a result of your poor choices. And, if you try to justify it to yourselves by saying "No one could have seen the calamities coming", then you're lying to yourselves, pure and simple...