Arete is an outstanding company that treats its highly intelligent personnel with respect.

I have been working at Arete Associates

Pros

The company performs research and development in many fascinating areas. Employees are encouraged to be creative and win new business through SBIR proposals. Management looks for and rewards technical excellence.

Cons

Much of the work is highly classified, making it impossible to share the exciting technical developments with friends and family.

As the company grows, we need to take advantage of the increased ability to work collaboratively, while being careful to maintain the entrepreneurial spirit.

Other Reviews for Arete Associates

Growing pains

I worked at Arete Associates

Pros

Company is healthy and growing

Cons

Company growth has occurred so rapidly that some poor choices were made in hiring especially in support staff. Company did not correct the problems soon enough, impacting the rest of the group. Too much new management means too much change and decisions that are not consistent with existing Arete culture. Some groups work very well together, and other groups have major communication lapses.

Slow down the growth. Try to promote within when possible instead of bringing in so many outside faces that don't truly understand the Arete culture. Restructuring was a mistake. Improve communication downward to employees.

Best job of my life

I have been working at Arete Associates

Pros

Learning, freedom, opportunity, excellent collegues

Cons

Infrequent free lunches and no gym

Walk around and listen

There are newer employer reviews for Arete Associates.

Worked for Arete Associates? Contribute to the Community!