Argo Group
www.argolimited.com Pembroke, Bermuda 1000 to 5000 Employees

Extremely bad experience.

Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee)

I worked at Argo Group full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe benefits and my immediate coworkers are the only good things about the company/office.

ConsMicromanagement. I cannot say much more than has already been said on this site relative to the reviews labeled "very dissatisfied". In my 26-year career, this by far, is the worst company for which I have ever worked. There are two others that are a close second and third. Upon my reflection of these three companies, I realized the problem with them and it was all MICROMANAGEMENT.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe only advice that I can give is for management to LISTEN. Many of us have talked until we are blue in the face and it makes no difference as they really do not care. The only thing that management cares about, even local management, is money, whent it lines their pockets.

Work environment has gone downhill in past 2 years.

Senior Claims Examiner (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at Argo Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: The salary and benefit package was equal to other insurance… Cons: Upper management places no value on their employees. In the past year the claims department has had countless people leave due to the work environment.… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to employees who actually know about the claims environment. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Specialty E & S Insurer

Vice President (Former Employee)
Richmond, VA

I worked at Argo Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Respected in industry peer group. Innovative and forward thinking Cons: Loss of a cohesive culture Advice to Senior Management: Human capital is the best asset Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Argo Group.

Worked for Argo Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Argo Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Argo Group CEO Mark E. Watson III. All reviews posted anonymously by Argo Group employees.