Argo Group

There are newer employer reviews for Argo Group

Extremely bad experience.

Former Employee - Senior Claims Examiner
Former Employee - Senior Claims Examiner

I worked at Argo Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits and my immediate coworkers are the only good things about the company/office.

Cons

Micromanagement. I cannot say much more than has already been said on this site relative to the reviews labeled "very dissatisfied". In my 26-year career, this by far, is the worst company for which I have ever worked. There are two others that are a close second and third. Upon my reflection of these three companies, I realized the problem with them and it was all MICROMANAGEMENT.

The only advice that I can give is for management to LISTEN. Many of us have talked until we are blue in the face and it makes no difference as they really do not care. The only thing that management cares about, even local management, is money, whent it lines their pockets.

30 Other Employee Reviews for Argo Group (View Most Recent)

Work environment has gone downhill in past 2 years.

Former Employee - Senior Claims Examiner in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Claims Examiner in Denver, CO

I worked at Argo Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The salary and benefit package was equal to other insurance companies but not as good as it was two years ago.

Cons

Upper management places no value on their employees. In the past year the claims department has had countless people leave due to the work environment. Upper management has no respect for the employees opinions. Company is outsourcing jobs to India. They are part of the employment crisis in the US.

Listen to employees who actually know about the claims environment.

Offices closing, employees do not know it yet

Current Employee - Senior Claims Examiner in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Claims Examiner in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Argo Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

medical, dental and vision insurance

Cons

Employee number, not you or who you are is what matter. Anyone over the age 50 is subject to being let go and the position is not being replaced. I saw many people lose jobs due to outsourcing. Underwriting profits are not coming in, claims are down, too many people and not enough income to cover expoenses.

Tell the people now rather than wait until Christmas to say your job is being consolidated.

There are newer employer reviews for Argo Group