There are newer employer reviews for Argo Group

Just really kind of sad and disappointing

I worked at Argo Group full-time

Pros

Colleagues all agree, we are in this together and everyone works well together. You feel as though they are your only support at times. The Claims Supervisor is one of the best I've ever worked with.

Cons

Claims are extremely complex and were mishandled for years. The Claims Manager is clueless, misguided in his knowledge and frankly is just a waste of space. The interview process is extensive and a waste of time. 5-7 interviews does nothing to guarantee success of any candidate once on the job and does nothing to assure you didn't let the good get away during that process.

It is imperative in order for Argo Group to succeed that they place truly qualified individuals in management roles and stop the silly interview process. Additionally, do not place Senior Management in roles where they have no experience just because they've been around a long time. Additionally, colleagues need support not an inexperienced claims manager and a senior officer who travels the country acting like a controlling mother hen.

reviews filtered by

Extremely bad experience.

Former Employee - Senior Claims Examiner
    Former Employee - Senior Claims Examiner

I worked at Argo Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits and my immediate coworkers are the only good things about the company/office.

Cons

Micromanagement. I cannot say much more than has already been said on this site relative to the reviews labeled "very dissatisfied". In my 26-year career, this by far, is the worst company for which I have ever worked. There are two others that are a close second and third. Upon my reflection of these three companies, I realized the problem with them and it was all MICROMANAGEMENT.

The only advice that I can give is for management to LISTEN. Many of us have talked until we are blue in the face and it makes no difference as they really do not care. The only thing that management cares about, even local management, is money, whent it lines their pockets.

Work environment has gone downhill in past 2 years.

Former Employee - Senior Claims Examiner in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Claims Examiner in Denver, CO

I worked at Argo Group full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The salary and benefit package was equal to other insurance companies but not as good as it was two years ago.

Cons

Upper management places no value on their employees. In the past year the claims department has had countless people leave due to the work environment. Upper management has no respect for the employees opinions. Company is outsourcing jobs to India. They are part of the employment crisis in the US.

Listen to employees who actually know about the claims environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Argo Group