There are newer employer reviews for Argo Tea

Worst company I have ever worked for!

Former Employee - General Manager  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - General Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Argo Tea

Pros

Free Tea and thats about it.

Cons

A company that has no regard for it's employees or communication. I worked for this company for almost 4 years. I managed almost every store in the company then moved my life for them to NY only to be lied to and given almost the same wage without a cost of living increase. In those 3+ years I saw over 60+ GM's quit or get fired. The bottom line is, they lie to motivate and do not follow through. I also had a raise given to me, only to have it then retracted because of a "miscommunication". The turnover is so high that they work everyone down to the bone. Sure, it sounds like a great concept and is, just don't mistake this for a place ANYONE would want to work.

People are not disposable. I hope that someday you'll learn that the people who offer their blood, sweat and tears to make you successful are just as important as any other aspect of your business. Shame on you and the way you treat people. It will come back to bite you someday.

45 Other Employee Reviews for Argo Tea (View Most Recent)

Dissapointing.

Former Employee - Barista  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Barista in Chicago, IL

I worked at Argo Tea

Pros

Great staff at cafe locations. The people you work with in the stores are great. Free drinks.

Cons

The upper management has no regard for its employees, neither does the owners. The turnover rate is so high because the owners believe that it barista's and supervisors have no right be get upset about work, you are just "their soldiers" Huge disconnect from owners to hourly wage employees. Horrible pay for the Chicago locations, but New York gets paid better. you only can get around 30 hours on average and that is the minimum requirement to qualify for EXPENSIVE health care. No time and a half on holidays and you can only have one holiday off a year. Breaks are often worked through and shifts and stores are often understaffed. No Chicago store recycles. Shifts are often scheduled as closing and then opening shifts. I.E you close a store at 11pm and have to be at the store at 5:00 am the next morning. oh yeah, did i mention that the wage starts at 8.25 an hour. This holiday season, no thanks,bonuses or even greetings was sent out from the owners.

Start treating your employee's more like people and less like slaves. Pay time and a half on holidays and start recycling. You already advertise that you do.

Just until I find something else

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Argo Tea

Pros

Fun atmosphere and most of the customers are very friendly. Free drinks and discount on other items.

Cons

Just above min. wage pay for hourly employees, supervisors are not paid much better. Unless you have "manager" in your title somewhere don't expect to get ANY paid vacation, sick time, or incentives. Lots of very young, still need to learn a lot, college kids running most of the places.

You need to learn to appreciate your employees and actually SHOW it. Get with the program. Not giving supervisors or other full-time employees the opportunity to earn paid vacation is ridiculous. Other companies even offer pt employees more benefits than you do.

There are newer employer reviews for Argo Tea

Worked for Argo Tea? Contribute to the Community!