Argos
www.argos.co.uk Milton Keynes, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Freedom to grow....

Sales Manager (Current Employee)
Bolton, England (UK)

ProsFreedom.....If you want to introduce new ideas you are empowered to do so. Argos wants to be the best at what they do and therefore look at their team to achive this, if you are driven and can demonstrate the benefits of your ideas then they will empower you to deliver them. Its a fast and dynamic work environment, often mistaken for unstructured and therefore people struggle with this.

Argos have a strong development ethos and work with you to grow within your role, they allow you to try new things and shape your own career. They have a good relaxed atmosphere with clearly set, tough but realistic goals.

You wont get bored here.....

ConsAs a retailer, they are heavily driven by cost and therefore its not always feasible to implement new solutions the way you want to. They often take short term routes in order to deliver benefit quickly but not long term which can be frustrating.

The dynamic atmosphere can be mistook fro lack of structure but they certainly deliver (and I dont just mean goods). I have seen a fair few indiviuals from more structure backgrounds fail at Argos and see this as a fault of the company. However, the fast paced environment of Argos can daunt a lot of people.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnerstand how the various departments fit togehter as theres a fair bit of slack in some areas and not in others. Its very departmentalised which can be quite challenging for anyone. This also introduces overlaps and duplication of processes and teams

Used to be good, sadly no more.

Technical Specialist (Current Employee)
    Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I have been working at Argos

Pros: Argos promotes a no blame culture so it's actually quite a laid back place… Cons: I have worked here for over 10 years and it used to be a good place to work, the last 3-4 years things have just… Advice to Senior Management: This is aimed specifically at the current IT director, stop… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

If you are technical - don't work for Argos.

Senior Analyst Programmer (Former Employee)
    Milton Keynes, England (UK)

I worked at Argos

Pros: Every six months they have a staff sale where you can… Cons: There are so many downsides, I worked in Information Systems and spent the last few months of my time at Argos with the theme to… Advice to Senior Management: In these difficult times if a decision has to be made about redundancies, my advice would be to target the IS management and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Argos.

Worked for Argos? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Argos reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Argos CEO John C. Walden. All reviews posted anonymously by Argos employees.