There are newer employer reviews for Argosy University

I was a student and was an adjunct instructor

Pros

Love the programs and faculty.

Cons

I was waiting and waiting to teach courses and many times I was not offered a course to teach for month on in. I wish they were more professional. I am still waiting to teach courses there.

Advice to Management

There should be more professional faculty schedulers. I am very disappointed that I was not offered courses to teach when I did such a great job there.

Other Employee Reviews for Argosy University

1. Top heavy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eagan, MN

I have been working at Argosy University full-time

Pros

Great people in the company at a ground level. Students and Health Science programs are very good.

Cons

Very top heavy company. Focusing on getting students to only take online courses, when students are adamantly against this. Only look at the money side of things, not the students.

2. Not Worth the Pay

Former Contractor - Adjunct Faculty in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Contractor - Adjunct Faculty in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Argosy University as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexibility, the opportunity to work closely with students who really need the help.

Cons

I worked for Argosy for over three years. A dedicated instructor, I soon found there was little or no opportunity for advancement. Instead, they cut adjunct salaries by 30 percent and added additional job responsibilities. While the hours are flexible, instructors cannot allow more than 48 hours to pass without logging in to the classroom. As a result, instructors have to work more or less everyday. For me, years went by without a single day off (excepting major holidays). While I received very good feedback from students, I did hear complaints about the system as a whole. Many were disappointed with both the quality of education and administrative support. It is clear from my experience that the powers that be at Argosy care much more about the financial bottom line than they do about their students or employees. At the end of my time at Argosy, I began to call my job "my community service project". Given the hours spent, I ended up making about $8 an hour.

Advice to Management

Focus on education. Attend to your students and pay your instructors a decent salary. Set realistic expectations for instructors.