Argosy University
www.argosy.edu Honolulu, HI 50 to 149 Employees

The entire time I was there, it was frustrating and awful.

Admissions Representative (Former Employee)
Sarasota, FL

ProsThey have a decent salary and benefits. They also really took the time to train you on most of the job requirements. Also, the Sarasota campus did occasional events and potlucks. And when I left, the admissions team was great. My coworkers really supported each other and worked to help each other out. Most importantly, there was no "cutthroat" atmosphere in admissions...it was frowned upon to "steal" students from another admissions rep. This made it a much more collaborative environment.

ConsThere are plenty. I had a few major frustrations. One being the challenge of getting students. You never technically do any cold calling, but there are so many leads that are provided that were mistakenly made. The database of leads was ridiculous. They were having us call leads that were 5 years old (yes, you read that right). That's how bad the business was. There was such a lack of new leads that we were having to go that far back. And of course, it would be your funeral if you tried to bring up the fact that the leads were crap. You'd be spoonfed a statement like "there's no such thing as a bad lead." Absolute garbage. The other major frustration I had was the restructuring of the company. They changed the management of regions and we had a new regional manager type (I forget the actual title), who was in charge of a few of the Argosy locations. This person was awful. They used intimidation and they had absolutely no people skills at all. This person didn't like the approach of one of the admissions reps, so they sat at the AR's desk for hours one day. They also talked down to others, which was not ok. My other issue was with the employee review process. There are several competencies, like professionalism, product knowledge, student focus, and a few others. Now say that you don't hit your expected numbers. They will start to change your different competencies from "exceeds" or "meets expectations" to "below expectations." It's frustrating to be completely professional at all times and representing the company well, but as soon as you're not hitting your numbers, they might say "well, if you're not getting students, then you must not be professional." But since they can't actually fire you for not hitting your numbers, then this is how they have to do it I suppose. Ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop using fear tactics to manage others, and treat them with respect. Also, the whole slideshow presentation given to students is not working.

I was a student and was an adjunct instructor

I have been working at Argosy University

Pros: Love the programs and faculty. Cons: I was waiting and waiting to teach courses and many times I was not offered a course to teach… Advice to Senior Management: There should be more professional faculty schedulers. I am very disappointed that I… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

At least i got some experience (Finance Counselor)

Finance (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

I worked at Argosy University full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: -Great People to work with -Some great managers -Helping students Cons: -No advancement -Boys Club (Worked at UoP a MUST to be… Advice to Senior Management: Try to think outside the box. For the employees, No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Argosy University.

Worked for Argosy University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Argosy University reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Argosy University CEO Craig Swenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Argosy University employees.