Argosy University

There are newer employer reviews for Argosy University

Some Opportunities, but limited growth

Former Employee - Admissions Representative
Former Employee - Admissions Representative

I worked at Argosy University full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I loved helping students get into school. I loved my co - workers they were always helpful.

Cons

Some challenges would be prospects/leads (not enough). Sometimes you could spend the whole day calling and no one answers or bad phone number. Also, there were no innovative ideas coming from the direct manager or the regional manager. Also the company is going through some financial loss.

My advice to management would be to think outside of the box. Learn new and innovative ideas to share with your staff. Go to trainings outside of Argosy or the EDMC company to get better ideas on how to run the business. Also, you should spend more money on radio and television advertisement. There is a lot of competition and you have to stand out, especially when you offer the same programs as any other university. The prospect will naturally choose the school that is more known. You have a lot to offer however, people just need to know who you are.

56 Other Employee Reviews for Argosy University (View Most Recent)

Lots of micro.

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Argosy University full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good Money for little pay.

Cons

Lots of micro managing, its so sad.

No room for growth.

Current Employee - Academic Advisor
    Current Employee - Academic Advisor

I have been working at Argosy University full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Payroll is consistent and employees get along.

Cons

All HR duties are outsourced. Pay freeze for the last 4 years and when it was lifted, they did not notify the staff of their annual increase which was less than 2%. There are annual lay-off's in January and July so you never know if you next on the chopping block and they would prefer to hire outside people then promote from within. Medical benefits doubled in the last year and construction companies (where you can have a limb chopped off with more liability) have cheaper coverage than a university...

Management can only do what corporate allows them to do which is minimal. Its best to work with functional departments to ensure efforts are not duplicated and promoting from within improves employee morale.

There are newer employer reviews for Argosy University