There are newer employer reviews for Arhaus Furniture

Arhaus is a beautiful, energetic, and challenging place to work that will pay off for those who work hard.

Former Employee - Interior Specialist in McLean, VA
Former Employee - Interior Specialist in McLean, VA

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you are good at sales and love interior decorating, Arhaus is a great place to be. The store changes every two weeks with endless new products and beautiful and ingenious decorations. The staff is knowledgeable and charming and the customers are interesting - we regularly had celebrities, world travelers, and lots of couture outfits.

Corporate staff regularly visits and buys lunches and treats during big sales. The product is good quality and you'll have plenty of reasons for your clients to buy Arhaus instead of the competition.

Cons

The sales training is helpful but previous sales experience or strong ambition is important to succeed in the job. As with many sales jobs, there is competition among associates, but you'll find coworkers will also help each other.

reviews filtered by

Don't waste your time working for this company!

Former Employee - Interior Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Interior Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Beautiful store...............oh yea, pays well if you work real real real hard.

Cons

Where do I start.........Before the store opened we had a great trainer and she told us Arhaus takes great pride in their products. She told us the products were exclusive to Arhaus. NOT! I have found reclaim pieces in TJ Maxx and More for a fraction of the cost. I found the copper tables in other stores for about a 1000.00 less than Arhaus. The upholstery is expensive for the quality. I have had more complaints about delivery and delivering damaged furniture. Because my sales where high, I was approached by upper management and told if I kept my sales high I would be given certain privileges over the other sales people. The manager treats and speaks to her staff like they are idiots. She constantly changes the rules on procedures. She will take your sale away without any explanation; at the end of the month will give it to the MIT. They do encourage staff favorites to keep an eye on the other sales staff for termination. This environment is extremely negative. If you love that kind of environment, this company is for you. It will take its toll on you.

Mr. Reed needs to reevaluate how he wants his company represented

I'm working at a new place now

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Freehold, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Freehold, NJ

I worked at Arhaus Furniture part-time (more than a year)

Pros

I learned the ropes the hard way. I was sent out on house calls many times just to give my knowledge for free and my time for free. They didn't screen their customers. I had to close my sales even when the sale was not ready. I feel with what I know now from my new job if I would have let the sale come to fruition I would have gained more of my customers trust. With less foot traffic my sales are higher in a 6 month period. However it was a crash course in sales.

Cons

I was treated like a number. I now work for a competitor, The Store From River Road in Shrewsbury. They are great to their employees . Most of their employees have been with them at least 10 years. Now they are much smaller company, but they pay you for house calls, and they realize that without the sales help they don't have any sales.

As an employee I need to feel like I own my job and I am not expendable.

There are newer employer reviews for Arhaus Furniture