Arhaus Furniture

There are newer employer reviews for Arhaus Furniture

Complete farce

Former Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pretty environment to work in, nice furniture.

Cons

Sales associates must clean the bathrooms, dust the floors and furniture and vacuum daily. Micro-managed in every aspect of the job. Count on making minimum wage even if you surpass your sales quota!

Pay your sales people what their worth! Stop being greedy, the company makes money hand over fist. You can afford to pay your sales people at least 6% on their total sales not after their "goal".

Arhaus Furniture Response

Sep 27, 2013Talent Acquisition

Please understand that we’ve worked hard to develop and maintain our brand image, which includes store cleanliness. We also feel our salary structure and commission program is competitive too, in our ... More

118 Other Employee Reviews for Arhaus Furniture (View Most Recent)

Have to work A LOT for the "decent" money.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Make decent money due to the amount of OT you have

Cons

60-70 Hr weeks, D.O.T guidelines not always followed, family time is minimal, work a lot of 6 day weeks, advancement is basically non existent, couldn't use vacation time in certain months, only bad things are heard from upper management.

Appreciate the work horses that keep this company going & watch ur D.O.T laws and carry them out with your drivers!

Corporate's Making Great Money-- But YOU Won't!

Former Employee - Design Consultant
    Former Employee - Design Consultant

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time

Pros

Here' their job description: "Imagine working in an environment full of rich colors, beautiful fabrics, luxurious leathers, down feathered seating, upbeat music, fresh flowers, and unique details while having the ability to earn an unlimited income!"

Cons

Not untrue what they say about themselves in their job description at the beginning, right up to the part where it says 'unlimited income". The income is VERY limited by the following: Which store you're working in and what the spending clout of your clientele is. Look at the numbers before you swim toward the pretty, shiny objects, little fishes. Atmosphere seems nice, but you WILL be the one to cleaning the toilets and mopping the floors. The furniture looks lovely on the floor and you'll believe in it at first and you'll tell your customers how it will last forever. Try convincing them of that when they're on their second re-delivery of a table that arrived at their house (after waiting for over three months), and it's damaged. . . again . . because the warehouse doesn't check these things before loading them onto a truck, not even after there's been an issue with a previous delivery! When your customer cancels the order altogether because they're angry and frustrated, guess whose commission will be genked? Yours, little fish. YOURS!

I'm sure you think it's so lovely that Arhaus is socially aware and that they have built an orphanage in Tibet with their millions. I'm sure those kids are grateful and I don't doubt they need the help. But when you are having trouble feeding YOUR children because you work at Arhaus and made no bonus or perhaps $50 or $100 bonus (which isn't enough, I assure you.) you will start to resent that the millions of dollars of annual profits that Arhaus rakes in each year that are at the expense of their own, very hardworking employees. True, they do offer decent health insurance, which you CAN"T AFFORD unless you have another source of income. And think again, little fish. You'll be in a large tank and swimming around with a lot of sharks. Nice folks to hang out with, but it's shark-eat-shark when it comes to trying to make a living there. You may find little nibble marks where a colleague has just gotten a sale from a customer who didn't have the courtesy to ask for you after you've spent hours working with them for the sale. It happens, a lot. Just as a final point to make. . .the other bad reviews of this company are true. And by the way,I wasn't fired, I walked out behind the countless others because I simply couldn't afford to stay. I was frequently one of the strongest closers in the store, sold well over a millions dollars worth of furniture in the first 6 months I was there, but that doesn't mean I could fix my car when it needed to be fixed.

I have no advice that Arhaus management would take. When greed drives the machine, no amount of advice will changes things. From their perspective, why fix something that ain't broke, or for that matter, why fix it even if it is broke! I'm quite sure John Reed has never read one of these reviews, let alone heeded any of the advice. If he had, it would be a better company to work for and I'd still be there.l

Arhaus Furniture Response

Sep 27, 2013Talent Acquisition

We were saddened to read this review. Honestly, sales positions here or anywhere are competitive and yes clientele, traffic and sales volume varies by store location/market. We do often relocate ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Arhaus Furniture