There are newer employer reviews for Arhaus Furniture

Complete farce

Former Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA
Former Employee - Sales in Richmond, VA

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pretty environment to work in, nice furniture.

Cons

Sales associates must clean the bathrooms, dust the floors and furniture and vacuum daily. Micro-managed in every aspect of the job. Count on making minimum wage even if you surpass your sales quota!

Pay your sales people what their worth! Stop being greedy, the company makes money hand over fist. You can afford to pay your sales people at least 6% on their total sales not after their "goal".

Arhaus Furniture Response

Sep 27, 2013Talent Acquisition

Please understand that we’ve worked hard to develop and maintain our brand image, which includes store cleanliness. We also feel our salary structure and commission program is competitive too, in our ... More

reviews filtered by

Absolutely the Worst!

Former Employee - Design Specialist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Design Specialist in Houston, TX

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Medical benefits were quite good.

Cons

No floor rules causing conflicts every day, self-absorbed manager, no office staff, no paging or intercom system, little customer service communication, exceptionally long hours cleaning 1 hour before opening i.e. vaccuum, wash restrooms, dust, polish, windex, run to bank, etc. At night run all reports, batch out, etc. No equipped, clean or safe lunch room (squeeze in between furniture in stock room), poor quality furniture, overkill of cheap accessories thoughout the building.

Contract a company to do analysis of work environment and FOLLOW THEIR ADVICE!

Arhaus Furniture Response

Sep 27, 2013Talent Acquisition

Please understand, we work very hard to make the in-store experience the best in the industry, and that includes clean furniture and fixtures. We also feel we support our Associates/Interior ... More

Horrific is an Understatement

Former Employee - Interior Specialist
    Former Employee - Interior Specialist

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Beautiful furniture and well put together showroom

Cons

It is just nor a professional company in any way. The interior Specialists have to wear too many hats. They have no receptionist or voicemail system so you have to run to pick up the phone even if you are engaged with a customer. Sales people do not have their own phone extension or email so communication often gets lost making follow ups difficult.
    They have no stock help so sales people have to help customers carry furniture to their cars. Sales people have to collect balances and set up deliveries and maintain customer follow ups but they don't even have a desk to sit at. And if they are standing behind the counter doing their work they are chastised by Management to get back on the floor. They have no up system so it is designed for sharks. They have high sales goals and if you fail to meet them after three months you are fired. They have secret shoppers with hidden cameras. And the worst of all is that the Interior Specialists have to come in an hour early to clean every inch of a very large store including the bathrooms. This is ridiculous since you have to dress professionally. It's not easy to scrub a toilet in pearls and high heels! The managers also sell and provide little support to the staff. The pay can be good when bonuses are made but when they are not the salary and commission rate are the lowest in the entire industry. You get the feeling working there that they do not care about you as a person. The store is a revolving door. There are very few people who last at this company.

Hire cleaning and stock people. Stop firing good people who work hard and instead invest a little more time in training properly.

There are newer employer reviews for Arhaus Furniture