Arhaus Furniture

www.arhaus.com
There are newer employer reviews for Arhaus Furniture

Arhaus Is What you Choose to Make It

Current Employee - Design Consultant

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (more than an year)

Pros

*Incentives provided for meeting and exceeding monthly sales goals- there is opportunity to make a lot of money if you work hard and know what you're doing.
*Always promote within the company when possible
* It is nice to be able to pick up the phone and call the district router for delivery if you have an issue, to know the names of the accounting directors if you need money moved, and you still have a close knit feel even though the company has so many stores.
* Having a team of sales associates that you can trust and feel close too. I know this will vary from store to store, but I seriously love my associates like they are my sisters. Even though we work on commission, the store manager always tries to hire people she feels will interact well with our team. We have little turnover at our store (most of us have been there well over a year).
*Selling quality product that you can feel good about putting into people's homes
* We have fun. Christmas parties, bowling parties, pot lucks on the weekends.
At the store level- I LOVE my job. It is corporate that I (and my associates) get frustrated with.

Cons

*Favoritism: Store managers and regional managers sometimes play favorites with employees.
* Corporate constantly raises monthly sales goals making it harder and harder to make goals each month.
* Store Managers are rewarded with trips to Italy and London, while the sales associates behind the scenes making the goals receive nothing.
* Hard to balance home life with family life. Of course this will vary store to store. I am lucky to have a very understanding store manager. Full timers are required to work 3 weekends out of the month. During August and January (the largest sales months) you will only have 1 weekend day off.
* Delivery issues. When I first began working with this company, we would maybe receive 1 phone call a week saying pieces were delivered damaged. Now this happens on a DAILY basis. Just yesterday, one of my associates had 2 custom sofas come in for a customer in a heinous print instead of the solid she ordered. When you are spending 2,299 on a sofa- you expect it to be right. THE FIRST TIME.
*Penalizing the sales associates for cancels due to delivery issues. After saving a sale over and over again- after the 4th exchange for a damaged good, I think it should not be counted against us. Someone needs to be inspecting the goods more closely. It is not uncommon for an associate to have 10-15,000$ a month in cancels for delivery issues. It is really hard to come back from that.
* You have to pay for your own business cards. Which I think is absolutely ridiculous. Paying for business cards would be a drop in the bucket for this multi-million dollar company.
* Housecalls- You are not compensated for gas or time and have to do housecalls off the clock on your own time. When you are working 40 hours a week and have a family, these pretty much take up all your spare time. I have never worked for a design company that didn't compensate their workers for housecalls in some manner.
* Inventory, "Cleaning Parties", corporate mandated events: about quarterly you come in to do cleaning parties which is when they split the store up into sections and you scrub the whole store top to bottom. Inventory is an all day event that they do in the spring. You are not paid for either. If you clock in, it counts against your goal...meaning you have to sell more to make up for it. You are basically working for free.

To corporate:
Quit focusing so much on expansion and growth. Slow down and fix what needs to be fixed (delivery issues, Quality Control) before you lose your loyal customers at the stores that are already open. Don't get greedy.
Keep the goals at reasonable amounts. Just because we hit goal the previous year for that month, doesn't mean that you should hike it 30% the following year. It is the store being able to hit 10% over every once in a while that keeps the employees motivated.

120 Other Employee Reviews for Arhaus Furniture (View Most Recent)

Misleading!!

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company discount of furniture. Beautiful furniture, good location for me. It was better than having no job at all but not much. I learned allot about furniture.

Cons

They lead you to believe you will make six figures but in reality you will be lucky to make $20k or 30k and you will have to work overtime to even accomplish that.

Pay your employees more and they will stay!! The turnover rate is unbelievable and upper management knows it. They just don't care! All they want is a warm body to take sales orders!!

Imagine stepping back in time to the 1950's - pretty surroundings - lots of discrimination.

Current Employee - Design Consultant

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pretty surroundings - a lot of very good people attempting to make a living in a greedy yet glitzy and pretty store front.

Cons

I was so excited when I started this job -I gave up a perfectly good although dysfunctional job.. I was told a lot of TALL tales during my interview..I sold $350,000 in my first 3 months...then the deliveries came...Approximately 40 - 60% are bad..they call it white glove delivery..however, they do not open any of the containers from overseas until it gets to the clients door...I call them clients because that is how I view everyone I deal with - this is supposed to be a customer service based industry. I do not spend a lot of time EVER writing reviews...this is for anyone who is successful...competent and intelligent. This position is frustrating...unprofitable and I believe illegal. I am never above rolling up my sleeves...but the question is...can this company expect commissioned employees to do their cleaning...we do not get paid! Can they tell us to work overtime...we do not get paid. Expect 7 day work weeks (at least in my store). Can they tell us we have to do inventory when the store is not open and we do not get paid. Can they take us off the floor for a week to do training - off site and then expect us to have the same expected sales goals when we do not get paid? WHAT IS THE EXPECTED "DRAW" RATE PER MONTH 0- IS IT $35,000....$45,000....CAN THEY CHANGE IT MONTH TO MONTH - IS IT PERSON TO PERSON - WHERE IS THE FAIRNESS ? WHAT WERE YOU TOLD WHEN YOU WERE HIRED? IS IT LEGAL TO CHANGE IT MONTHLY?---NOT SURE - BUT I DONT THINK SO - I HAVE ASKED BUT....Don't ask any questions...then you are deemed "negative". Is it legal to require "COMMISSION BASED EMPLOYEES TO DO YOUR DIRTY WORK - ARE WE INDENTURED SERVANTS? If I had the time or energy I would research these things more thoroughly...believe the reviews. there is no money to be made. Management will steal your sales and give them to others on your team, even if that person has never spoken to the client. Don't expect to get lunch breaks during busy time...and don't sit down. I was reprimanded for sitting one day and told not to speak to my co-workers. I am 48 years old - have my own business and was in a "real Professional" job for many years. When I was in corporate management I would never disrespect my employees the way that I have been disrespected here. My work ethic (which is tried and true) has been questioned. DONT TAKE THIS JOB - my bet is that this company will be sued for Unfair labor practices in the very near future....

If I thought that management would listen - I would offer advice - they are not interested in anything their designers have to say...unfortunately..all communications is "shoved" down from above - I have tried...sadly..

There are newer employer reviews for Arhaus Furniture