Imagine stepping back in time to the 1950's - pretty surroundings - lots of discrimination.

Current Employee - Design Consultant
Current Employee - Design Consultant

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pretty surroundings - a lot of very good people attempting to make a living in a greedy yet glitzy and pretty store front.

Cons

I was so excited when I started this job -I gave up a perfectly good although dysfunctional job.. I was told a lot of TALL tales during my interview..I sold $350,000 in my first 3 months...then the deliveries came...Approximately 40 - 60% are bad..they call it white glove delivery..however, they do not open any of the containers from overseas until it gets to the clients door...I call them clients because that is how I view everyone I deal with - this is supposed to be a customer service based industry. I do not spend a lot of time EVER writing reviews...this is for anyone who is successful...competent and intelligent. This position is frustrating...unprofitable and I believe illegal. I am never above rolling up my sleeves...but the question is...can this company expect commissioned employees to do their cleaning...we do not get paid! Can they tell us to work overtime...we do not get paid. Expect 7 day work weeks (at least in my store). Can they tell us we have to do inventory when the store is not open and we do not get paid. Can they take us off the floor for a week to do training - off site and then expect us to have the same expected sales goals when we do not get paid? WHAT IS THE EXPECTED "DRAW" RATE PER MONTH 0- IS IT $35,000....$45,000....CAN THEY CHANGE IT MONTH TO MONTH - IS IT PERSON TO PERSON - WHERE IS THE FAIRNESS ? WHAT WERE YOU TOLD WHEN YOU WERE HIRED? IS IT LEGAL TO CHANGE IT MONTHLY?---NOT SURE - BUT I DONT THINK SO - I HAVE ASKED BUT....Don't ask any questions...then you are deemed "negative". Is it legal to require "COMMISSION BASED EMPLOYEES TO DO YOUR DIRTY WORK - ARE WE INDENTURED SERVANTS? If I had the time or energy I would research these things more thoroughly...believe the reviews. there is no money to be made. Management will steal your sales and give them to others on your team, even if that person has never spoken to the client. Don't expect to get lunch breaks during busy time...and don't sit down. I was reprimanded for sitting one day and told not to speak to my co-workers. I am 48 years old - have my own business and was in a "real Professional" job for many years. When I was in corporate management I would never disrespect my employees the way that I have been disrespected here. My work ethic (which is tried and true) has been questioned. DONT TAKE THIS JOB - my bet is that this company will be sued for Unfair labor practices in the very near future....

If I thought that management would listen - I would offer advice - they are not interested in anything their designers have to say...unfortunately..all communications is "shoved" down from above - I have tried...sadly..

Other Reviews for Arhaus Furniture

Hard but rewarding work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO

I have been working at Arhaus Furniture full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

We work in a gorgeous ever changing environment.The fantastic bonus structure that rewards a great team. There is opportunity to grow, be promoted and have a career with one of the best companies in the industry. Managers are rewarded with trips to Italy and London! Our sales team gets to have hands on training with our manufacturers in North Carolina. The elite sellers in the company get all expense trips for themselves and their loved one. Fantastic!

Cons

It's retail. You have to have a thick skin and stay positive. Successful people at Arhaus work their tails off. This is true with any successful career person. Yes, we clean because we take PRIDE in our product. I used to sell Mercedes Benz...Guess who shoveled the snow off the cars in the lot??? There are growing pains that any company with our rate of growth (The store I work in has DOUBLED the sales from 3 short years ago!!) is experiencing, but we are a work in progress.

Sometimes things just aren't working the way they should. That's the reality of business. It's far better to acknowledge those issues to your team than to pretend that everything is perfect. Stop charging your employees for business cards. They certainly should be provided for employees that have been with the company for a year.

Challenging sales position

Former Employee - Sales  in  Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Sales in Canton, OH

I worked at Arhaus Furniture full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unique product, clean upscale environment.

Cons

Lot of product knowledge to learn. Constant monthly sales deadlines.

There are newer employer reviews for Arhaus Furniture.

Worked for Arhaus Furniture? Contribute to the Community!