Ariba
www.ariba.com Sunnyvale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

If you want to play on a team this company is not for you

Product Manager (Former Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

ProsGood compensation package and in line with other companies in Silicon Valley CA

ConsThis is high school clicks all over again. While the folks on an individual level were very smart and high performing, as teams they did not play well together, nor did the teams communicate well across all organizational lines. The opportunity here is tremendous - but lack of leadership in this area will get in their way.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to build of culture of responsibility and team. I enjoyed my short tenure at your company but it was clear to me that as an individual I could only get so much done and the lack of team culture would limit my impact.

Great benefits and good pay, but high turnover can be frustrating

Associate Consultant (Current Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ariba

Pros: The benefits package is quite generous. If you're planning on working for Ariba from somewhere other than California, you'll still get the "West Coast"-style benefits… Cons: Failure to remain highly chargeable makes you a top target for layoffs. Ariba tends to layoff a small number of people every few months, so… Advice to Senior Management: You need to do a better job of retaining talent. While it may be slightly cheaper to let folks go and hire… More

Come for the money, benefits and experience; just don't stay too long.

Customer Support (Current Employee)
    Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ariba

Pros: Benefits package for full time employees is amazing. Even part… Cons: Management does not follow through on what they are supposed to do. Customer support focuses on hiring people with no technology or support experience… Advice to Senior Management: Fire everyone in customer service and try to remember you are an INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY company. Stop hiring unqualified people and then promoting… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Ariba.

Worked for Ariba? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ariba reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ariba CEO Bob Calderoni. All reviews posted anonymously by Ariba employees.