If you want to play on a team this company is not for you

Former Employee - Product Manager  in  Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Product Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Ariba

Pros

Good compensation package and in line with other companies in Silicon Valley CA

Cons

This is high school clicks all over again. While the folks on an individual level were very smart and high performing, as teams they did not play well together, nor did the teams communicate well across all organizational lines. The opportunity here is tremendous - but lack of leadership in this area will get in their way.

You need to build of culture of responsibility and team. I enjoyed my short tenure at your company but it was clear to me that as an individual I could only get so much done and the lack of team culture would limit my impact.

Other Reviews for Ariba

Come for the money, benefits and experience; just don't stay too long.

Current Employee - Customer Support  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ariba

Pros

Benefits package for full time employees is amazing. Even part timers have some great benefits. Salary is very good as well.

Cons

Management does not follow through on what they are supposed to do. Customer support focuses on hiring people with no technology or support experience and simply people that got degrees they knew were going to be worthless post college. Pittsburgh management is so slim and filled with unqualified and untalented folks who are barely qualified to have an entry level position. Management promotes more into management that are even more unfocused and unqualified than those that are already in that position. Disparate arms of the company have no clear interaction or understanding of the "big picture". The solutions we provided are so bloated with code that is not needed or necessary the functioning is severely degraded. Oh and the top level support technicians will do anything possible to not have to respond to a customer in off hours situations with customers reporting major issues/ outages.

Fire everyone in customer service and try to remember you are an INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY company. Stop hiring unqualified people and then promoting them into management. Take a closer look at some of the few and far between Gems you do have and promote them.

looking to his next option vesting

Former Employee - Sales  in  Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Ariba

Pros

If you lack alternatives, it really is not an energetic place, you will be looking for something new in a few months, very few people come in to the campus making it very difficult to get acclimated to the culture of the company

Cons

No excitement, they don't just sell spend management, they live it which makes the environment very spartan, management is all over the country which deflates the energy of the company

leave the company and bring in people who are really hungry and and committed to double digit growth

There are newer employer reviews for Ariba.

Worked for Ariba? Contribute to the Community!