Ariba

www.ariba.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Ariba

Do your research to see what you are getting into first.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Ariba

Pros

Good salary and benefits. All staff, no matter what level you are, start with 4 weeks paid vacation plus the days off between Christmas and New Years. There are a lot of very smart employees here, but the environment can be much like a soap opera. Overall staff need to be more professional behind the scenes. Limited yearly promotions need to be looked at again. These use to be quarterly, then semi-annually, and now yearly. They are limited as well, so you may never ever get promoted. Very political environment. Watch your back.

Cons

Very little chance for advancement. Extremely poor communication at all levels. Often hear things "thru the grapevine" in advance before an official announcement is made. In many cases, the official communications never come.

Keep all levels of communication open.

249 Other Employee Reviews for Ariba (View Most Recent)

Great benefits and good pay, but high turnover can be frustrating

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Ariba

Pros

The benefits package is quite generous. If you're planning on working for Ariba from somewhere other than California, you'll still get the "West Coast"-style benefits package. As a company, Ariba is a strong competitor and has the right solutions for the market. The economic downturn may not necessarily mean a down-cycle for Ariba, since our Spend Management solutions are needed now more than ever.

Cons

Failure to remain highly chargeable makes you a top target for layoffs. Ariba tends to layoff a small number of people every few months, so if you hit a low-cycle in your work, you could be next to go. Rather than hold onto talent through slow periods, Ariba tends to cut employees and hire new ones when business picks up again. This means a constant stream of often poorly-trained employees. It is also easy to get pigeon-holed into a role: if you start with a particular application, you'll probably stick with it for a long time through many projects.

You need to do a better job of retaining talent. While it may be slightly cheaper to let folks go and hire new ones in a few months, you are letting a lot of smart folks go. Keeping them on will pay long-term dividends.

If you want to play on a team this company is not for you

Former Employee - Product Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Ariba

Pros

Good compensation package and in line with other companies in Silicon Valley CA

Cons

This is high school clicks all over again. While the folks on an individual level were very smart and high performing, as teams they did not play well together, nor did the teams communicate well across all organizational lines. The opportunity here is tremendous - but lack of leadership in this area will get in their way.

You need to build of culture of responsibility and team. I enjoyed my short tenure at your company but it was clear to me that as an individual I could only get so much done and the lack of team culture would limit my impact.

There are newer employer reviews for Ariba