There are newer employer reviews for Ariba

Great Benefits, good luck trying trying to advance your career

Current Employee - Customer Support Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA
Current Employee - Customer Support Assistant in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Ariba

Pros

Good place for an entry-level job. Free beer on Fridays, Very Good health benefits, and you get 4 weeks of time of feven if you're brand new (if your manager allows you to take it), young, fun work environment. You can wear jeans and a sweatshirt to work every day.

Cons

In many cases, there is very little room for advancement unless you switch departments. Management is very pie-in-the-sky and is not at all receptive to new ideas. Ariba has a terrible retention rate of new employees. The Customer Support department is are required to work all holidays when the rest of the company is off.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like they actually matter, rather than just bodies answering a phone so that you can meet your service levels.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Do your research to see what you are getting into first.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Ariba

Pros

Good salary and benefits. All staff, no matter what level you are, start with 4 weeks paid vacation plus the days off between Christmas and New Years. There are a lot of very smart employees here, but the environment can be much like a soap opera. Overall staff need to be more professional behind the scenes. Limited yearly promotions need to be looked at again. These use to be quarterly, then semi-annually, and now yearly. They are limited as well, so you may never ever get promoted. Very political environment. Watch your back.

Cons

Very little chance for advancement. Extremely poor communication at all levels. Often hear things "thru the grapevine" in advance before an official announcement is made. In many cases, the official communications never come.

Advice to Management

Keep all levels of communication open.

If you want to play on a team this company is not for you

Former Employee - Product Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Ariba

Pros

Good compensation package and in line with other companies in Silicon Valley CA

Cons

This is high school clicks all over again. While the folks on an individual level were very smart and high performing, as teams they did not play well together, nor did the teams communicate well across all organizational lines. The opportunity here is tremendous - but lack of leadership in this area will get in their way.

Advice to Management

You need to build of culture of responsibility and team. I enjoyed my short tenure at your company but it was clear to me that as an individual I could only get so much done and the lack of team culture would limit my impact.