Ariba
www.ariba.com Sunnyvale, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Corporate Indifference, but nothing new here - This review is specific for the Customer Support team

Customer Support Assistant (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Ariba full-time for more than a year

ProsIt is an interesting company to work for, especially on site (not home office). There are many different cultures, nationalities, languages etc. represented in this company, and all this variety makes for a richer employment experience.
Salary is compatible with other companies of the same size and type of industry. Better however, if you are just fresh out of college and will be just starting your professional life.

ConsThere are many departments in this company which are very organized and work well. Customer support is definitely not one of them. The management and leadership culture is very unique as it is right now (2011-2012). Competence, work ethic, high metrics, among other things are not what is considered preferable in a candidate. It is not wise to have divergent opinions or suggestions for improvement to the processes. Everything is taken personally and if you are not part of the club, then you are out of everything, including promotions. In my time there, I did not see one promotion which was seen by all as wise or that made sense. It was clear what was necessary to get ahead there, and that was not the high quality in your work.
Because of the international nature of the company, this position comes with 4 different shifts which are real hard to adapt and makes life really difficult if you have any other activity outside work. The times are: 8-5, 9-6, 10-7, 11-8. You usually have two weeks of each.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor things to change as it is right now, a massive overhaul would need to be implemented. But all comes from the top, if that doesn't change, nothing else will. But the advice is always the same: know what is important to your team members. Make it a rule to balance what is important to you with what matters to them. I can assure you money is one not, by far, the most important thing to your employees. Have consideration for those who do not share your personal preferences. Most importantly, know who works for you. When people feel their management and leadership genuinely cares, even when you say no, they can still feel respected and appreciated.

great team, great benefits ...

Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Ariba full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: - smart and motivated people to work with - great support… Cons: - work long / weekend hours sometimes :( - open to hear new ideas for improvement but slow (if at all) to adopt -… Advice to Senior Management: - host more team building activities - enforce importance of work-life balance - listen to and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Top-heavy company

Network Engineer (Former Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Ariba full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good salary, nice office environment, decent co-workers. Benefits are OK; while you get 20 days of… Cons: The company suffers from two layers of overhead at the top. a. Program managers - most useless people I've ever seen, who have no idea about… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Ariba.

Worked for Ariba? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ariba reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Ariba CEO Bob Calderoni. All reviews posted anonymously by Ariba employees.