Ariba

www.ariba.com
  www.ariba.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ariba

Good place to work if you are afraid of long hours in other company

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Ariba

Pros

Great talent people, and many of them are very senior 10+ years. Good technical (UI) framework to learn. Good compensation and benefit. Great balance between person life and work.

Cons

Bad executive leadership. They only care about how to suck more money/stock out of the company. Lack of leadership to get more business. Since company is not growing, it helps created politics even within engineering people. Engineers could be fighting for promotion and responsibility.

Treat your workers well with fair promotion and compensation.

237 Other Employee Reviews for Ariba (View Most Recent)

Good place to learn, not for career advancement

Former Employee - Consulting Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Consulting Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Ariba

Pros

Market leader, gets people exposed to the cutting edge of Spend Management. In general good peers tend to be very well educated in the field, and contribute significantly to running projects.
    Benefits package is outstanding, and salires tend to be a little above average.

Cons

Career advancement was very poor. Remote employees were reporting to managers that changed in average every 9 months during my time there, therefore preventing the creation of a plan that was meaningful.
    Internal politics are very close to be unmanageable. Managemen teams in Pittsburgh, Atlanta and Sunnyvale tended to communicate very poorly and created a lot of friction and compromises.
    Executive compensation is hugely out-sized. The only quarter in which management forfeited their bonuses, the company was suddenly profitable by a wide margin

The incredible loss of talent that currently affects Ariba is a direct result of internal staffing practices that try to extract maximum performance with little guidance or formal training. My team was top-heavy, meaning a lot of expensive management overhead, and not that many delivery people who could actually deliver the work. The team members were heavily overworked and given additional responsibilities without properly offloading others, with the result that we couldn't deliver the goods without working 70 hours a week.

Has a lot going for it, but I am skeptical that it's enough because of poor Leadership. Too bad too...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Ariba

Pros

The Solutions are relevant and valuable in today's economy. Most understand and value teamwork and you would be hard pressed to find an Aribian that wasn't willing to help if they can. The compensation & benefits are good.

Cons

Executive Leadership is weak & vague and they either have no strategy, or it changes so often that unless you are in the know it would never seem like there was one. Politics and favoritism abounds so if you aren't connected politically, you will be overlooked for promotions and opportunities. The company fails to invest in the areas that they say are important to them & managment by fear is common technique used by managers.

We have a great solution suite and all the makings of a GREAT company. Our culture stinks and as our leaders it's up to you to model differently. Start and keep investing in things you all say are important to our health as a company.

There are newer employer reviews for Ariba