Ariba

www.ariba.com
There are newer employer reviews for Ariba

It's who you know, not what you do

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Ariba

Pros

Leader in the space. Has made a transition from on-premise to on-demand technology - one of the few companies that has been able to make this jump. Stock price has been jumping.

Cons

Politics will get you up the ladder, not productivity. The leadership team is thin on the products and technology experience outside of Ariba. Organizational structure is strange and still shows the effects of growing by acquisition with lots of battles among the tribes.

Investment in infrastructure has been lacking, and the company is inefficient because of it.

Sunnyvale may be the official HQ of Ariba, but everyone knows that Atlanta is the emerging and de facto HQ for Ariba.

How about a normal organizational structure? How about resolving the multiple overlapping groups? Oh, and why not share some of those millions that you guys are milking from the company?

242 Other Employee Reviews for Ariba (View Most Recent)

Ok

Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ariba

Pros

The benefits were better than average.

Cons

Different level of people vs what you work with in management consulting firms

Hire more from other management consulting firms

Good job with a company going through a rebirth

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Ariba

Pros

The company is in a great place to capitalize on it's position in the industry as the market rebounds. But aside from the company position, it's an employer that does a great job of giving flexibility, work/life balance and good compensation.

Cons

Communication across the multiple cities and departments could be better. And sometimes it feels as though we can't decide if we are a big or small company, the danger being we'll slip into the bad characteristics of each.

We need more open access and communication with senior leaders and decision makers. The company is not so large that we shouldn't have good, fast, open communication across teams, departments, vertical titles and locations.

There are newer employer reviews for Ariba