There are newer employer reviews for Arise

Great business model. Bad apples in leadership

Current Employee - Management in Miramar, FL
Current Employee - Management in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Arise full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

- The company benefits from a successful and very promising business model. Avoiding the "employee" model, allows for lower operational cost structure and evidently a better bottom-line.
- Some passionate employees who believe in the company, it's products and potential.
- Employees can work remotely.

Cons

- Egotistical leaders with their own agenda who very seldom agree among themselves.
- Constant animosity between departments. The result of poor leadership.
- HR is either not paying attention or not doing anything to improve the situation.
- Increasing carelessness by non-management employees.

Take the problems in the leadership more seriously or they will lead to insurmountable hurdles. The best talent is leaving, the reputation is widespread and is hindering talent acquisition. The problem of low morale cannot be fixed by wining and dining the employees, that's temporary and not cost effective. Some selfish, egotistical, power-hungry individuals at VP and above levels are sinking this ship and it's almost too late for us to be able to do anything. More and more talented people from our teams are leaving. We're losing skills and knowledge developed over the years and it's not easy to recuperate from that.

165 Other Employee Reviews for Arise (View Most Recent)

Illusions of a Legit Work From Home Job

Former Employee - Arise - Apple Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Arise - Apple Sales Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Arise part-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are legitimate companies you can choose from to work for (apple, AT&T, Disney, AAA, Intuit, etc)...

Cons

...but you have to go through long training where you don't get paid and you have to pay for training ($200+). The job postings do not match the actuality. Example, I trained for a job that said it was for nights 20 hours a week with 5 of them having to be on the weekend. Our instructor told us there was "no limit" on the amount of hours we could work. Long story short, it was impossible to get ANY hours let alone night hours as the original job posting stated. I worked for a month and only got 18 hours which were so hard to get and required much stalking of my computer to obtain. If you don't meet the hour requirement of your contract they will terminate you (so I quit before they could). Once the schedule is posted literally, within 2 minutes, all the hours are gone as they have too many people working for each client. I think that's how they make their money. People paying $200+ for training and never being able to work the hours on their contract getting terminated and the whole process starts over again with new people who don't know any better.

You must either have an LLC or go under and LLC to work for them. If you don't have an LLC, they list LLC's you can go under. The only problem is these are shady companies too, which is bad because the client you work for pays the LLC and the LLC is responsible for paying you and they take a percentage of what you make (8-15% sometimes). The first LLC I was under had a disconnected number and just 'disappeared', the second LLC I was under said I would get paid on the 7th and 22nd of each month. I have still never received my check from them (Fay Beyond Imagination, LLC) and probably never will. I worked for a month.

Lastly, there is no customer service line if you as a worker ever have questions or concerns. You will never get to speak to a live person. Email and chat is your only communication. Almost anyone who calls you calls you blocked which is also shady.

Don't waste your time or money. I cut my losses at a 18 hours of pay I probably will never see, $200 for training, and a month of wasted time in training M-F 7-11pm for 23 days that you can NOT miss one day or be more than 15 minutes late.

Pay people for training, be honest about the job description and hours, don't over hire for clients, have a customer service line for workers, have a tighter check and balance system on LLC's listed for people to go under and have a more selective criteria for companies that you list as LLC's people can work under.

They are a legitimate homeshoring operation with regrettably muddled management.

Former Employee - Performance Facilitator in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Performance Facilitator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Arise full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Easy to get into, and you can start earning quickly.

Cons

Management is hit or miss, and often unprofessional. You won't be paid during training and, in fact, you have to pay for the training yourself. I often ran into situations where those in charge of scheduling hours for the rank and file workers did a poor job forecasting demand, often leading to problematic over or under staffing.

Value your performance facilitators more - they have a better idea of what's going on with the front line workers than anyone else. Their expertise and familiarity with the client and process is valuable.

There are newer employer reviews for Arise