Arise

www.arise.com
  www.arise.com
There are newer employer reviews for Arise

Long training, easy job.

Current Employee - DSG Agent in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Current Employee - DSG Agent in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Arise full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very easy to work from home. Set your own hours.

Cons

Inconsistent pay. Pay is relied upon the IBO you select, some IBOs are shady.

If a CSP is trying to inform you of FRAUD by an IBO, please don't dismiss it.

174 Other Employee Reviews for Arise (View Most Recent)

The most unrewarding, disappointing decision I've ever made.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Arise as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Work from home and make your own schedule. They have legitimate clients like AAA, AT&T, etc..

Cons

Unorganized mess. You have to pay for training, (you don't get paid) they always have client system issues. They always have technical issues regarding training, scheduling, the website, or anything else they come in contact with. If there is a technical issue on their part regarding scheduling, they will release the hours you posted in a heartbeat and expect you to make up those same hours. They think because they post emergency hours, that helps but with everyone and their grandmother stalking the system like hawks, you still don't get those hours back. The clients pay differently. One may pay $10.00/hr, another may pay $1.00 per call. Which is fine depending on the client. I serviced a "Per call" client and could only work at night. Call volume was extremely low. ie one call in a whole 45 mins.... so I'm basically working for free!!! They have this pre-select system(For the client I serviced) where if you work your scheduled hours and do well on your calls, you get first dibs on posting hours. HOWEVER, they always get your calculations wrong causing you to constantly look as if you are not doing what you are supposed to do. I've worked for a month and have not seen a check posted in my account yet! You NEVER get to talk to a real person. I emailed a complaint and they called me from a blocked number. Did not leave a callback number. When they called me the second time I answered and said "Hello" 4 times and there was dead air, and then they hung up. I am sooo over this company. Do not waste your money or your time. If you do go with Arise, go as your own business. Don't go under someone else. That way they have to pay you directly. I just wanted to be home with my new born baby before I go to grad school but still make a couple of bucks. I guess I will have to go to plan B and babysit during the day because this is not the business...

Hire a better qualified IT team and get the technical issues handled. Get waaay more organized. Make it one business and hire people as employess. Cut out the middle man. Paid training, more hours available, more user friendly website. Just plain 'ol up your game. It's 2012 almost 2013. NO excuse.

Too many changes

I worked at Arise as a contractor

Pros

Being able to work from home is the dream of many and that's what makes Arise so popular.

Cons

Constant changes in the structure, job titles, job duties which negatively affects the independent contractors. Managers were constantly jumping from one client to another so the ICs had to get used to a new manager and a new way of working. It became very daunting.

Slow down, take a deep breath, and understand too much change too often upsets the balance and leads to very unhappy employees and ICs. It's one thing to change with the industry in order to stay a leader, but it's quite another to randomly experiment new policies, departments, and rules on the ICs just to see what works. It's like playing a game of darts in the dark and expecting everyone to be okay with getting pegged in the eye every now and then. It just doesn't work.

There are newer employer reviews for Arise