There are newer employer reviews for Arise

Customer Service

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Miami, FL

I worked at Arise as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

I work from home as an independent contractor. I make my own schedule and enjoy helping customers with their travel plans.

Cons

I would not get to see people on a daily basis.

I did not report to anyone

168 Other Employee Reviews for Arise (View Most Recent)

Long training period (mine was five weeks) with no pay. Upfront costs for computer and phone line service.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Arise as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

You do get to work at home. You can write off office expenses.

Cons

No matter what, there are some network issues and it is hard to get a hold of customer support. After all expenses that you pay upfront, there just isn't enough money to make up for it.

Better communication all the way around. Mostly, I was fed to the sharks.

Getting worse by the day

Current Employee - Mac Expert in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Mac Expert in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Arise as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

The somewhat flexible scheduling is a plus. I say "somewhat" because the hours availability is limited and forces you to work undesirable hours to work full time or just to be in compliance with their work contract.

Cons

They call you an "independent business" but reality you're just a glorified worker, and Arise gets away with paying no employee benefits. They used to pay for mandatory up skill training, now they don't. New recruits could work towards a free Mac, now they've eliminated that and charge more for the certification class. They have also eliminated pay per minute during heavy call volume times, so now it's a flat hourly rate which works out to be almost $5/hr less than before. Even for a tech-savvy person it feels like they throw you to the wolves during training and just expect you to learn on the job. I can't imagine what it would be like for someone new to Mac. Definitely not worth their lousy pay, and you would think a rich client like Apple would pay better... but maybe they pay Arise well and Arise screws their contracted workers. I was surprised just how buggy and user-unfriendly all the back office software is... kind of reminds me of a fancy restaurant with a dirty kitchen. Originally it was billed as no high pressure "suggested selling", but now you are sent a "non-compliance strike" email notice every time your sales metrics fall below their unrealistically high levels, even during seasonally slow periods, and always with the threat of cancelling your contract. And since they have multiple metrics categories, you could receive a congratulatory email for top revenue while receiving a dire warning for dropping below minimum close ratio during the SAME WEEK! Nice job encouraging your "partners", Arise... NOT! But if Arise makes a mistake, good luck getting them to correct it. Don't even bother to see if the pay matches the hours you worked because they NEVER correct their mistakes in my experience. In fact it is nearly impossible to speak to a live person about anything involving their convoluted system. It really makes you feel like a tiny cog in the wheel even after working there for years. And their tech support is an absolute joke... you wait and wait (unpaid, of course) and 98% of the time there is no solution to the issue... because typically it has nothing to do with your system... it's something on THEIR end.

If you want to lower your high turnover rate, you should either pay better or stop making ridiculous demands on your "independent businesses".

There are newer employer reviews for Arise