Aristotle International

There are newer employer reviews for Aristotle International

Flexibility and good people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Aristotle International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

location, upper management, upward mobility, flexibility

I think the brothers are amazing to work for. They are personable, caring and brilliant. There is a reason people stay at Aristotle for many years, or even leave and come back. If you prove yourself, they will do whatever it takes to keep you and keep you happy. I started at a lower position and have gotten promotions and raises that in line with where I should be.

They are also very flexible with schedules. I am luckily able to work from home as much as I want, which is a nice option. I often do not, because I find it harder to work that way.

Cons

no match on 401k, healthcare plan is not great, office needs remodeling (this is the plan for this year, so that is changing)

Match on 401k

13 Other Employee Reviews for Aristotle International (View Most Recent)

great for working moms

Former Employee - Programmer in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Programmer in Washington, DC

I worked at Aristotle International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule including working from home; opportunity to move ahead; family atmosphere (for those who align with the management); treating old employees really nice and granting them a lot previllages; relaxing working enviroment (no ranking); measure performance by seniority (not sure this is a pro but list it anyway)

Cons

high turn over rate; no 401k match; promoting bull-shit culture in the tech and IT group; senior developers constantly asked to transfer work and knowledge to India; daily meeting; outsource failure result in duplicate work and redundancy; curry smell in the hallway from 12pm to 3pm

take a closer look at the outsource strategy; re evaulaute the outsource program

Job satisfaction, latest technologies and flexible work environment

I have been working at Aristotle International full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work on the latest technologies. Work remains challenging most of the time so if you like challenges this is a great place to work. If you are looking to just cruise, this is the wrong place for you. The management is open to allowing people work remotely at least a few days a week. Some long term employees work remotely all the time. They have obviously earned the trust of management and colleagues alike. You can too but it would take a few years.

Cons

This is a small company and hence you should expect some of what comes with being small. No office coffee but Firehook and Starbucks are just a few doors down. Priorities can change at the last minute due to big prospects showing up at the door.

Provide coffee at work.