Arizona Department of Education

www.azed.gov
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Arizona Department of Education

Awful management, some good staff members

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Phoenix, AZ
Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Arizona Department of Education as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Some of the people were really good to work with and the technology was okay. They had no issue letting you use the fax machine to send your timesheets (I have a 20 word minimimum here.)

Cons

Once when I applied for a job there and told them NOT to contact my current employer, they did and that employer retaliated against me. Also when I was a contractor there and doing a good job (according to both them and me) they decided to let me go without notice, right near a major holiday, even though they knew two weeks in advance. I would have been the professional and finished my work.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves.

reviews filtered by

Do not work here; you may not last long

I worked at Arizona Department of Education

Pros

Excellent opportunities to hone direct customer communication skills; possibllity of making a difference in the lives of children; dynamic atmosphere

Cons

Leadership did not know what they were doing; it was always a different direction every few weeks; people fired or laid off every two weeks or so from managers on down; very political; very stressful working environment; old building

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and like they were something more than cannon fodder.

Make it your last IT job option in Az.

I worked at Arizona Department of Education

Pros

Serving the kids of Arizona and K12 schools.

Cons

IT management has no clue where ADE wants to go. Always get your job orders in writing to protect yourself. The cubicles are stuck in the old 80s and lighting is horrible in the building, not a friendly place to work. Everyone are always walking on eggshells. The technology is very old and state has no budget to replace anything. Lots of band-aid IT solutions to keep outdated jobs & systems going but the kids and schools will continue to suffer. This is a classic example of education dollars not reaching the classrooms which is truly a sad state of affairs in AZ, ranked 49th in K-12 education.

Advice to Management

Character and integrity still matter in managing people.

There are newer employer reviews for Arizona Department of Education