Arizona Public Service Company

www.aps.com

Okay company with decent pay, not as good as it used to be......

Design Engineer III (Current Employee) Tonopah, AZ

ProsThe work is relatively easy and very few of the departments require overtime, so it can be expected to head home at the normal time each day. Vacation / Paid Time Off (PTO) is better than most companies and compressed work weeks are routinely offered. Pay and potential bonuses are slightly higher than the industry average.

ConsWith the work being relatively easy, it is not very challenging and gets to be rather mundane. Recent upper level management changes have taken decision-making abilities away front front-line employees and lower managers, with decisions coming only from the top. This has resulted in a culture of increased micro-management, decreased value of front-line employees, and unrealistic goals being established by upper management. The company values, culture, and employee morale have deteriorated consistently for the the last 3-4 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper level management is making too many decisions and setting unrealistic goals. Front-line employees and 1st/2nd level management should be empowered to make the best decisions while staying in line with the high-level goals/metrics. Employee morale must improve in order to retain talented individuals, otherwise they will leave for better opportunities.

Fossil Generation Intern

Fossil Generation Intern (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Arizona Public Service Company as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Good work environment, they treat the interns really well and… Cons: NEO Program (New Engineers in Operations), as engineers we want to work on the engineering side of the company not the operation side. Since… Advice to Senior Management: Stop laying off all the engineering department and contracting it out... half your problems come from that. every new batch of contractors that come… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Once was a great company

Frontline Employee (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Arizona Public Service Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: 40 hours a week thankfully Cons: No chance for advancement unless you kiss butt and drink… Advice to Senior Management: Learn about running a power company. Start improving the morale and start to practice what you preach.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Arizona Public Service Company.

Worked for Arizona Public Service Company? Contribute to the Community!