Arizona State
www.asu.edu Tempe, AZ 5000+ Employees

Student worker with a school/life balance

Student Worker IV (Former Employee)

I worked at Arizona State

ProsThis is really the best place to work if you're in school and need an extra source of income. Everyone is always very understanding of your time commitment to school, yet you can work as many hours as needed.

ConsSometimes management tried to micromanage me, to the point where my monitor needed to be positioned a certain way so they could snoop over my shoulder as they passed--crazy.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo particular advise, I think the way the university treats its students workers is equitable and just about how it should be at a university.

Positive exp

Computer Database Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Arizona State

Pros: Relaxed atmosphere University town Young people Party scene Cons: Low pay Bad infrastrucre Beraucracy level high Advice to Senior Management: Less bureaucrqcy plz Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Authoritarian leadership, sinking morale since Crow arrived

Associate Professor (Former Employee)

I worked at Arizona State full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Wide variety of programs and many fine professors and inquiring… Cons: Salary can be crazily low w/no COLA for years on end. Main problem is that some administrators and profs who brown-nose the top executives lord… Advice to Senior Management: Go back to Columbia, Crow, and get replaced by someone with a human… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Arizona State.

Worked for Arizona State? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Arizona State reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Arizona State CEO Michael M. Crow. All reviews posted anonymously by Arizona State employees.