There are newer employer reviews for Arizona State University

You can have great colleagues and take comfort in your unit but you will not find support in the university, nor a raise

Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Assistant Professor in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Arizona State University

Pros

Some clearly excellent faculty and dedicated staff work at ASU. The graduate student population is excellent and rewarding to work with.

Cons

The overpaid and oversized administration is disenfranchising to faculty on their best days and utterly demoralizing on their worst. Some small growth in capacity for building faculty collaboration have occurred but are managed by marginally capable administrators in tempe and the other campuses are sweat shops with libraries given their distillation to the lowest common denominator of using hourly undergraduate workers paid to help online classes scale up.

Actually listen to employees. Slow the growth of administration. Failed hires in the Athletic Dept have left the university on the hook for a decade of failure in any revenue sports area and paying coaches and former Athletic Directors we should have fired but instead granted them contract extensions before firing them.

437 Other Employee Reviews for Arizona State University (View Most Recent)

Student worker with a school/life balance

Former Employee - Student Worker IV in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Student Worker IV in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Arizona State University

Pros

This is really the best place to work if you're in school and need an extra source of income. Everyone is always very understanding of your time commitment to school, yet you can work as many hours as needed.

Cons

Sometimes management tried to micromanage me, to the point where my monitor needed to be positioned a certain way so they could snoop over my shoulder as they passed--crazy.

No particular advise, I think the way the university treats its students workers is equitable and just about how it should be at a university.

Positive exp

Current Employee - Computer Database Specialist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Computer Database Specialist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Arizona State University

Pros

Relaxed atmosphere
    University town
    Young people
    Party scene

Cons

Low pay
    Bad infrastrucre