Arizona State University

www.asu.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Arizona State University

Not bad for a university.

Current Employee - Classified Staff in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Classified Staff in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Arizona State University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very community driven and inclusive. Usually have flexible work arrangements with outstanding benefits for both employee and dependents. Centralized location with lots of shops and restaurants near by for lunch and after work happy hours with co-workers.

Cons

The pay is usually CONSIDERABLY less than what you would make in private industry, and many of the research positions are contract hire only. Chances for advancement are usually stilted without a Ph.D., but they offer a joke degree of Doctorate in Higher Education that can fill that gap and allow you to progress to higher positions. The degree costs $25/semester for employees, so why not?

503 Other Employee Reviews for Arizona State University (View Most Recent)

Really an excellent research center with interdisciplinary specialities

Current Employee - Assistant Research Scientist in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Assistant Research Scientist in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Arizona State University full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good research and working environment, opportunity to learn new scientific fields. Opportunity to involve in multiple projects and research in the field of interest.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons for Biodeisgn, the best facility in Arizona for Bio related research. However, there is a lot of dependence on the center in which you are employed in.

Research/Teaching Assistant

Current Employee - Research/Teaching Assistant in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Research/Teaching Assistant in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Arizona State University part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I think working in ASU is a quite good experience. The workload is reasonable. Many services are available.

Cons

First, the temperature is too high, especially in summer. Second, I would say the pay is not that good compared with other universities.

There are newer employer reviews for Arizona State University