Arkansas Best

www.arkbest.com

Great pay for the industry but work conditions often make up for it.

Driver (Current Employee) Portland, OR

ProsGreat pay for the industry, great health and welfare coverage also. Financially stable company that focuses on growing slowly and steadily so not to over inflate the workforce.

ConsHere in Portland the upper management is never at fault for anything. If you need time off for family matters it means nothing to them. Saving money seems to be the main goal and safety takes a second to that. Shifts are at all times of the day and night and 2 hours is all the time you have for advance notice for a shift. Set schedules come after you have been at the company for about 8 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your drivers. They work the job day in and day out and know what tools are really needed to complete the jobs given.

Account Manager

Account Manager (Current Employee) Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Arkansas Best full-time for more than a year

Pros: Great co-workers. Growing supply chain business solutions. Chances for advancement. Very strong… Cons: Nothing really to bring to attention Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company but Teamster Union is a drag on revenue.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Fort Smith, AR

I have been working at Arkansas Best full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Great company with a lot of very sharp people to work with. Generally everyone does a good job… Cons: Really the only downside to the company is the union that places ABF in a very difficult competitive position.… Advice to Senior Management: Keep the employees informed of ongoing developments. Let them… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Arkansas Best.

Worked for Arkansas Best? Contribute to the Community!