Arkansas Children's Hospital

www.archildrens.org
Unclaimed Profile
There are newer employer reviews for Arkansas Children's Hospital

Working at ACH changed my entire thinking of the hospital, for the good.

I have been working at Arkansas Children's Hospital

Pros

Everyone is there because they asked to be there. It takes a team, from the bottom to the top of the employee work force to get the job done and that is what happens there. I've worked at other places and made more money with better benefits, but none gave me the satisfaction I get from working at ACH!

Cons

Not working in a patient care area makes the impact of seeing some of the patients there a little shocking and knowing that all of them will not make it, will not recover, well, that makes me kind of sad.

Advice to Management

I know that the hospital is having financial issues now, just like the rest of the country. I know managment is doing everything it can to get through this, as are the employees. Just a thought I guess, but I'd be willing to give up a days pay to help out during this time. I wonder if anyone else would do this? It's the least we could do.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I love the work I get to do at ACH; but, while I get loads of support from staff with whom I work, I get less from dept

I have been working at Arkansas Children's Hospital

Pros

1) Actually make a difference in children's lives 2) Excellent co-worker with whom to share load 3) Having interpreters present 4) Knowing children won't be turned away due to insurance/income 5) trauma status

Cons

1) artificial dress codes 2) cafeteria 3) administrators/supervisors not sharing extra shifts/benefit cuts 4) emphasis on cosmetics 5) lack of career ladder outside nursing

Advice to Management

If all non administrative staff have loss to help in budget problems, administrators should share. Keep focus on quality care with adequate staffing to assure safe/very competent care in all shifts.

2. Love it

I have been working at Arkansas Children's Hospital

Pros

good hours, good work, fun people

Cons

working on magnet changing old policies

Advice to Management

doing ok - need to work more with staff nurses