There are newer employer reviews for Arkansas Power Electronics

Interesting state of the art R&D in the new SiC power field

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Fayetteville, AR
Current Employee - Lead Engineer in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Arkansas Power Electronics

Pros

(1) Exciting and challenging projects and research (get to do some cool stuff)
(2) Interesting and fulfilling work on spacecraft (NASA), military, energy, and next gen automotive systems
(3) Goood benefits, flex time, salary, bonuses, tuition reimbursement, etc.
(4) Stock options
(5) Great colleagues, peers (intelligent, fun, really positive work atmosphere), and management
(6) Our company seems to work hard to get the right people "on the bus"

Cons

(1) Requires multi-tasking several projects at once (not my favorite thing to do)
(2) Work load sometimes requires 45-50 hour work week
(3) Small business, so sometimes have to tackle engineering or other tasks outside my immediate expertise (but this also gives me opportunities to learn new things)
(4) Fast paced (sometimes, really fast paced)
(5) The technology we work on is pretty far out, so it takes a while before we get to see it in end products

Let's get MORE people. But let's keep them being "the right people" too. Let's keep the cool projects coming in. I'd like to see more technology get out of the "research" phase. I'm excited to see the manufacturing facilities ramping up- more of us might like the opportunity to be involved that.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Arkansas Power Electronics (View Most Recent)

Management

I have been working at Arkansas Power Electronics

Pros

Small company. Flexible time. Plenty of parking space.

Cons

Management is inexperienced. Medical benefits are not competitive. Financial limitations of a small business. The company does not have a clear direction.

Great opportunity for me

Current Employee - Engineer in Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Engineer in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at Arkansas Power Electronics full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I'm always amazed by the people in this company all around-- some of the smartest, most creative, and generous and caring people I've ever worked with. I've made great friends here. I've been able to work on exciting projects and technologies. I've had great opportunities to advance my career. They offer benefits like tuition reimbursement, great flex hours, and stock options. I've always worked well with my managers and teammates. We have a great reputation as a business.

Cons

They have really tight deadlines for us at times. The company emphasizes stretch targets-- I think things might be too ambitious at times. We need additional resources in some support areas in the business (like HR or facilities management). We're new at the manufacturing side of the business.

It would be helpful to have a more organized inventory management for the engineering side. I'd like to see more emphasis put on facilities safety where we're dealing with power. University courses and professional short courses are all great, but we could have more internal courses taught by the experienced engineers (I think that would be really beneficial).

There are newer employer reviews for Arkansas Power Electronics