Arkema US

www.arkema-inc.com
  www.arkema-inc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Arkema US

Pay is great, almost everything else is wrong.

I worked at Arkema US full-time

Pros

Excellent pay. Health insurance was great until they renewed. Employer paid LTD/STD and life insurance. No micro-managers (at the site I was at), major plus! The hourly staff is incredible, probably the best group I've had gotten the opportunity to work with.

Cons

Arkema is a chemical company. If you aren't a chemical major, the engineers and managers talk to you like you're incompetent. When I started I was told I'd be working in HR and as an administrative assistant. Turns out I did work in HR as well but I never got the title to show it. The manager above me literally put everything to me. Anytime he made a mistake he'd find a way to make it my fault and create more work for me. Anytime he was supposed to be in charge of something he said we were going to "form a committee", which always ended up meaning I was going to do all the work. Not only did I have all of the administrative tasks and HR roles, I also ended up getting put in charge of an entire page lists of other things that had nothing to do with my job. I had zero training. There were countless things I had to just find my way through because my boss knew nothing. I know I was the administrative assistant but it got to where people couldn't even print an one page document on their own. They'd email it to me and ask that I print it and "deliver" it to them. I was told I'd be getting lunch for random people from time to time in my interview and it ended up being every single day and I never got reimbursed for gas. It wouldn't be so bad if the closest restaurant was 45 minutes away. I was constantly called a "gopher" and told I was "only there to play fetch", or spoken to like I was an idiot. They also expect you to be "on call" 24/7. If they ever find out your phone number you better believe they're going to try to contact you at all hours of the day. I got calls at 10pm at night asking that I make reservations for dinner the next time, petty things like that which could wait until the next day.

51 Other Employee Reviews for Arkema US (View Most Recent)

can you live on less

Current Employee - Maint Mech in Birdsboro, PA
    Current Employee - Maint Mech in Birdsboro, PA

I have been working at Arkema US full-time (less than an year)

Pros

if you like hidden union fees etc. weeks after you are hired, then they have all the pros for you.

Cons

The dept. in charge of hiring (HR.) did not and will not answer questions about the union that they are associated with, so this makes it hard to make a decision if you should take the job as it being the best paying job (apples to apples) It is not! after you are hired you will find out all kinds of cost you will have to endure, but there answer will be then as i was told that is between you and the union. so if you like working for about 4 dollars less than your quoted wage for the first 40 hr's and then have to work for about 4 hr's OT just to get back to square one. then Arkema is the place for you.

I bet your mothers are proud....????

Disapointing

Former Employee - Market Development Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Market Development Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Arkema US full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-Old brands that against all odds still enjoy good reputation

Cons

-Lack of leadership
    -Old school viscious and uninspired management
    -No planning, no vision and no clear business path
    -The good o'boys club in managment positions, regadless of their qualifications

Leave management to the pros

There are newer employer reviews for Arkema US