There are newer employer reviews for Arkema US

Pay is great, almost everything else is wrong.

I worked at Arkema US full-time

Pros

Excellent pay. Health insurance was great until they renewed. Employer paid LTD/STD and life insurance. No micro-managers (at the site I was at), major plus! The hourly staff is incredible, probably the best group I've had gotten the opportunity to work with.

Cons

Arkema is a chemical company. If you aren't a chemical major, the engineers and managers talk to you like you're incompetent. When I started I was told I'd be working in HR and as an administrative assistant. Turns out I did work in HR as well but I never got the title to show it. The manager above me literally put everything to me. Anytime he made a mistake he'd find a way to make it my fault and create more work for me. Anytime he was supposed to be in charge of something he said we were going to "form a committee", which always ended up meaning I was going to do all the work. Not only did I have all of the administrative tasks and HR roles, I also ended up getting put in charge of an entire page lists of other things that had nothing to do with my job. I had zero training. There were countless things I had to just find my way through because my boss knew nothing. I know I was the administrative assistant but it got to where people couldn't even print an one page document on their own. They'd email it to me and ask that I print it and "deliver" it to them. I was told I'd be getting lunch for random people from time to time in my interview and it ended up being every single day and I never got reimbursed for gas. It wouldn't be so bad if the closest restaurant was 45 minutes away. I was constantly called a "gopher" and told I was "only there to play fetch", or spoken to like I was an idiot. They also expect you to be "on call" 24/7. If they ever find out your phone number you better believe they're going to try to contact you at all hours of the day. I got calls at 10pm at night asking that I make reservations for dinner the next time, petty things like that which could wait until the next day.

Other Employee Reviews for Arkema US

1. Nice company to work with

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Arkema US full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Diverse technology and professional people

Cons

hard to change positions for technical people

Advice to Management

Overall good management team. Need to be more proactive of innovation.

2. Very flexible

Former Employee - Engineer in King of Prussia, PA
    Former Employee - Engineer in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Arkema US part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience for young engineers. Part time work was flexible. Lot of experienced people to answer questions and present ideas to.

Cons

Facility had cut back a lot of jobs due to the downturn in the economy. However, at the time this was very commonplace everywhere.