Arkema US

www.arkema-inc.com
  www.arkema-inc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Arkema US

The best eighteen months of my working career, working in the glass coatings group.

Former Employee - Senior Process Engineer in King of Prussia, PA
Former Employee - Senior Process Engineer in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Arkema US full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Wonderful people in my group, hired me based on my job experience, not on my degrees. Safety first company. Flexible working hours. I was able to go to China twice to assist with installation and commissioning of glass coaters.

Cons

Laid off due to economic conditions in glass manufacturing world wide. Our number one costumer did not renew yearly contract for chemicals.

Keep up the good work. Maybe push sales force a little to get sales.

51 Other Employee Reviews for Arkema US (View Most Recent)

Started off OK; then went downhill quickley

Former Employee - Secretary/Supply Chian Coordinator in Geneseo, NY
    Former Employee - Secretary/Supply Chian Coordinator in Geneseo, NY

I worked at Arkema US full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Learned a great deal under the original company (Lucidol); met some great people.

Cons

Let go after 23 years; no thank you, sorry, nothing. Felt discarded; last manager was difficult to say the least. There was never any follow up when lay off occured; temporary at first; then 4months later made final. No compassion.

When dealing with employees, treat them with respect. Last manager I had was very difficult to work with - no respect, nothing.

Pay is great, almost everything else is wrong.

I worked at Arkema US full-time

Pros

Excellent pay. Health insurance was great until they renewed. Employer paid LTD/STD and life insurance. No micro-managers (at the site I was at), major plus! The hourly staff is incredible, probably the best group I've had gotten the opportunity to work with.

Cons

Arkema is a chemical company. If you aren't a chemical major, the engineers and managers talk to you like you're incompetent. When I started I was told I'd be working in HR and as an administrative assistant. Turns out I did work in HR as well but I never got the title to show it. The manager above me literally put everything to me. Anytime he made a mistake he'd find a way to make it my fault and create more work for me. Anytime he was supposed to be in charge of something he said we were going to "form a committee", which always ended up meaning I was going to do all the work. Not only did I have all of the administrative tasks and HR roles, I also ended up getting put in charge of an entire page lists of other things that had nothing to do with my job. I had zero training. There were countless things I had to just find my way through because my boss knew nothing. I know I was the administrative assistant but it got to where people couldn't even print an one page document on their own. They'd email it to me and ask that I print it and "deliver" it to them. I was told I'd be getting lunch for random people from time to time in my interview and it ended up being every single day and I never got reimbursed for gas. It wouldn't be so bad if the closest restaurant was 45 minutes away. I was constantly called a "gopher" and told I was "only there to play fetch", or spoken to like I was an idiot. They also expect you to be "on call" 24/7. If they ever find out your phone number you better believe they're going to try to contact you at all hours of the day. I got calls at 10pm at night asking that I make reservations for dinner the next time, petty things like that which could wait until the next day.

There are newer employer reviews for Arkema US