There are newer employer reviews for Arkema US

The best eighteen months of my working career, working in the glass coatings group.

Former Employee - Senior Process Engineer in King of Prussia, PA
Former Employee - Senior Process Engineer in King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Arkema US full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Wonderful people in my group, hired me based on my job experience, not on my degrees. Safety first company. Flexible working hours. I was able to go to China twice to assist with installation and commissioning of glass coaters.

Cons

Laid off due to economic conditions in glass manufacturing world wide. Our number one costumer did not renew yearly contract for chemicals.

Keep up the good work. Maybe push sales force a little to get sales.

reviews filtered by

Started off OK; then went downhill quickley

Former Employee - Secretary/Supply Chian Coordinator in Geneseo, NY
    Former Employee - Secretary/Supply Chian Coordinator in Geneseo, NY

I worked at Arkema US full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Learned a great deal under the original company (Lucidol); met some great people.

Cons

Let go after 23 years; no thank you, sorry, nothing. Felt discarded; last manager was difficult to say the least. There was never any follow up when lay off occured; temporary at first; then 4months later made final. No compassion.

When dealing with employees, treat them with respect. Last manager I had was very difficult to work with - no respect, nothing.

can you live on less

Current Employee - Maint Mech in Birdsboro, PA
    Current Employee - Maint Mech in Birdsboro, PA

I have been working at Arkema US full-time (less than a year)

Pros

if you like hidden union fees etc. weeks after you are hired, then they have all the pros for you.

Cons

The dept. in charge of hiring (HR.) did not and will not answer questions about the union that they are associated with, so this makes it hard to make a decision if you should take the job as it being the best paying job (apples to apples) It is not! after you are hired you will find out all kinds of cost you will have to endure, but there answer will be then as i was told that is between you and the union. so if you like working for about 4 dollars less than your quoted wage for the first 40 hr's and then have to work for about 4 hr's OT just to get back to square one. then Arkema is the place for you.

I bet your mothers are proud....????

There are newer employer reviews for Arkema US