Arlington Public Schools

Good place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Arlington Public Schools

Pros

Good place to work. Stable job and decent pay. Holidays are off with pay. Good health benefits and 401K package.

Cons

Most of the personnel is old and not very inovative. Treatment of people needs improvement and could be little better.

Treatment of people needs improvement and could be better. Everything else is normal and stable work enviroment in this turbulent times.

20 Other Employee Reviews for Arlington Public Schools (View Most Recent)

As a seasonal worker, very relaxing.

Former Employee - Maintenance Worker  in  Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Maintenance Worker in Arlington, VA

I worked at Arlington Public Schools

Pros

Lots of down-time, a very relaxed environment, cool people to work with, sometimes we were allowed to leave early.

Cons

Had to wake up very early, one of the company leaders was incompetent and difficult to understand.

Overall, the management did a good job. I only had complaints with one of the leaders, who, as I said earlier, was hard to understand and somewhat incompetent.

Good and Bad

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Arlington Public Schools

Pros

Good compensation compared to other schools. Arlington is not suffering from bad economy as much as other counties. Diverse student body. Unique opportunities, being close to DC. Innovative general education programs. Good program for children with autism, with lots of resources and support. Many teachers with advanced degrees. Dedicated teachers and staff. Really involved and supportive parents and families. Great technology resources.

Cons

Poor supervision and management at senior levels. Bullying behavior of administrators and personnel staff toward school staff. Threats to terminate contracts if medical leave is taken. Threats to "black list" employees who quit so that they will not be able to be employed at other schools within the state. Poor support for many parts of the special education programs. High caseloads for some special educators and for related service staff (speech therapists, OTs and PTs). A lot of time and money is wasted on large, long and pointless meetings of all kinds.

Show your employees respect.
    Take personnel management courses to improve your skills in this area.

There are newer employer reviews for Arlington Public Schools

Worked for Arlington Public Schools? Contribute to the Community!