A Glimpse Into AMLLP

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I worked at Armanino McKenna

Pros

For the record, I was with AMLLP's San Jose branch for about a year. It was definitely a decent place to work. You're not working in Disneyland, but they do put effort into making it a hospitable environment, they host employee events here and there that are actually fun, release tension and give a work family environment. Aside from tax season crunch time, I didn't hear of people being turned down for vacation requests or reasonable time off. Management that I interacted with were decent people trying to get a job done while leaving as many people satisfied as reasonably possible. Also their 401k and internal financial planning services were a cut above average.

Cons

Despite the surface pleasantries, there's some under the surface misery from some of the staff. Accounting isn't for everyone, and there was a significant contingent of employees that were in it for the decent pay, but were slowly watching their happiness drain away as the job brought them 0 fullfilment. I heard a few complaints about ability to get a promotion, but I don't think I could personally judge if this was really a company wide problem or an isolated incident or two.

I really don't have any advice, accounting wasn't for me and I moved on. I think the company does a pretty good job overall, but it's still just a place to work, your mileage will vary.

Other Reviews for Armanino McKenna

Just my thoughts...

Current Employee - Staff Accountant  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Armanino McKenna full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers and learning opportunities.

Cons

Hours and work load. Better than the big 4, but still the typical public accounting grind.

Consider scheduling audit wrap up time.

Great place to learn, grow, and stay

Current Employee - Manager  in  San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Armanino McKenna full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Working at AMLLP I had the opportunity to try new career paths with support from managers and partners. Encouragement abounds at AMLLP. If you're passionate about a field or specialty, you can take an entrepreneurial approach, with support from your mentors and peers. There is a great work/life balance. This is a great place to work no matter how far into your career you are: you will have opportunities to learn, grow, or plant roots and be part of something great for years to come.

Cons

Compensation is good, if you know and can prove your worth.

Keep the family-friendly environment, keep to the "old roots" of the companies founders.

There are newer employer reviews for Armanino McKenna.

Worked for Armanino McKenna? Contribute to the Community!