Armor Correctional Health Services

www.armorcorrectional.com
  www.armorcorrectional.com
There are newer employer reviews for Armor Correctional Health Services

They work nurses harder than Smarter

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Athens, GA
Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Athens, GA

I have been working at Armor Correctional Health Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Offers tons of benefits, overtime is no problem when you need extra money.

Cons

When you quit or go PRN, they continue to take benefit premiums out of your check including the vacation check that you are entitled to for any accumulation of vacation hours earned while employed fulltime. They are hard to get in touch with now that there are issues to be resolved such as, I need my money back for the insurance and other benefit premiums taken out of my September check (my insurance was cancelled Aug. 31 st. yet almost $200+ was taking from my check recieved in September.

When the staff is requesting 12 hour shift vs. 8 hour shifts, listen to them instead of waiting til a few of them quit with 2+ week notices and leave you short staff you before an effort is made to transition to 12 hour shifts. Also, change that ridiculous pay week that starts on a Sunday and ends on a saturday. Working 8 hour shifts, it meant we had one OFF weekday a week and every other weekend off, just to make sure we got 40 hours in for any one particular week. Our off weekend, the Sunday was the beginning of the next week and always an off day for that week or vice versa if you work the weekend, the off Saturday was one off day for the week leaving a weekday as being the only other option for an offday and it is more than not going to be a Friday which was the busiest day of the week with all the new orders to be transcribed.
 Pre packing pills is hardly an issue in medication administration errors, the errors were mad when inmates took meds and saying they are the name you give without really listening to the name you are asking then later tell you they were someone else or that their dad is also locked up with same name but took the meds before. You can ask a inmate if they are so and so and they will say yes because they can barely hear you and you can barely hear them. The 5 rights is not always reality in a Jail setting. It can be crazy when you are under pressure to get pill pass done so we can get out of sheriff depart. way.

29 Other Employee Reviews for Armor Correctional Health Services (View Most Recent)

Horrible, unethical, unlawful practices.

Former Employee - Nurse in East Meadow, NY
    Former Employee - Nurse in East Meadow, NY

I worked at Armor Correctional Health Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay is okay, but make sure you are getting paid correctly on each check.
    You can meet good people who want to do thing right thing.

Cons

Unprofessional administrative staff whom are disrespectful and dishonest.
    Nepotism at it's best. Discriminatory practices. Sites run by bigots.

Hire a consultant and get an honest team of upper management employees. You cannot boast about being minority owned, yet have bigots at the helm.

Armor Correctional is a who you know company.

Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Miami, FL

I worked at Armor Correctional Health Services

Pros

Woking with staff among facilities was a new daily learning experience even if positive or negative.
    Employee recognition could be rewarding.

Cons

Armor Correctional could be an amazing work environment if employees were treated with respect and not just based on who you know or related to. Creating positions for others that even human resources was never aware of. All about power and control based on who you are related to or who likes you more. Favoritism is very obvious for those that are related to other employees. You are told that you can speak to proper channels in complete confidence then later to find out your private information has been disclosed to others everywhere. Thinking you report to your supervisor to find out lies can allow others to do as they wish just because of who they know. List can go on and on but since anonymous is how this works it is how it will remain.

There are things behind the scenes that many are not aware of that need to be properly addressed. Working for a company in a position that just because you are related to another employee does not mean you are always qualified. Conflict of interest is a matter that needs to be addressed among the proper channels from hiring, cost expenses and finances. Being able to follow proper channels is impossible when those who oversee departments are related or close to others that speak about everything even though it’s suppose to be anonymous. Reveiw positions that have and can will be so called eliminated cause someone hire has a friend or family member who needs employment.

There are newer employer reviews for Armor Correctional Health Services