There are newer employer reviews for Armour

If you are a nice person, this company is not for you

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Armour full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good work/life balance. Decent pay. Nice office environment as the building is relatively new. Some groups seem to be great (AP), Customer Service.

Cons

The corporate culture is fast declining. People are relatively nasty to work with. As some other reviewer noted--there is obvious favoritizm for the employees that have been with the company longer. With the change of some upper management, the environment in some groups changed to being cut-throat. There are groups of employees that formed a while ago and as a new hire, don't expect to be let in. As a result, you may end up being a loner in a big open office. The information flow is terrible. If there is an issue in the job that you are doing and the other group encountered the issue, you will most likely find it from another person (most likely from the one who has been here longer than you). At that point, the person will "volunteer" to do all the research for you, so you are left with no knowledge of the issue. As a result, there is no learning opportunity nor growth. Departments are territorial and managers hoard the projects. So, if you are someone who just wants to get by and get paid, this company may be for you. Otherwise, I will suggest--flee from it.

Take care of declining corporate culture.

14 Other Employee Reviews for Armour (View Most Recent)

hourly

Current Employee - General Workman
    Current Employee - General Workman

I have been working at Armour full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

the pay isnt fair for what we do

Cons

you dont have a life outside of the workplace. you practically live at your job. They expect 1 person to do the job of 8 people within an 8 hr time frame. They want the impossible to be possible and they expect employee's to pull a rabbit out of their hat, or what we call it, a Chinese fire drill. This is getting more employee's to seek employment elsewhere.

Stop treating employee's like they are in the military. This is not the military. Stop expecting the lower people on the totem pole to pick up managements screw ups. Stop blaming the lower levels for the managements screw ups.
    Stop with the pitiful threats of doing this or that to the employee's that you know is illegal. This is called harassment. Stop treating employee's like were the (beaten dog and getting yelled at by its owner) and expect us to cower down like that beaten dog. We are humans, we have families and lives outside the work place.
    To management, We are not Gods, We are not androids nor are we robots. I would love to have some of you guys who sit behind the desks and push pencils to come down to our level and see just what we have to go through everyday. Maybe then you will change how you run the business. Make it a business, not a slave labor camp or a sweat shop

Ok place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

I have been working at Armour

Pros

The company is a great starting point you learn alot. The pay isn't bad for entry level either. Alright work life balance

Cons

Poor treatment if your not in the "in" crowd. Promotions are hard to come by and the co workers are alright depending on your department.

Give your entry levels more time and stop favoring those people who have been here for years. If your going to favor don't publically do it.

There are newer employer reviews for Armour