Armour
www.armour-eckrich.com Lisle, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

If you are a nice person, this company is not for you

Lisle, IL

ProsGood work/life balance. Decent pay. Nice office environment as the building is relatively new. Some groups seem to be great (AP), Customer Service.

ConsThe corporate culture is fast declining. People are relatively nasty to work with. As some other reviewer noted--there is obvious favoritizm for the employees that have been with the company longer. With the change of some upper management, the environment in some groups changed to being cut-throat. There are groups of employees that formed a while ago and as a new hire, don't expect to be let in. As a result, you may end up being a loner in a big open office. The information flow is terrible. If there is an issue in the job that you are doing and the other group encountered the issue, you will most likely find it from another person (most likely from the one who has been here longer than you). At that point, the person will "volunteer" to do all the research for you, so you are left with no knowledge of the issue. As a result, there is no learning opportunity nor growth. Departments are territorial and managers hoard the projects. So, if you are someone who just wants to get by and get paid, this company may be for you. Otherwise, I will suggest--flee from it.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of declining corporate culture.

hourly

General Workman (Current Employee)

I have been working at Armour full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: the pay isnt fair for what we do Cons: you dont have a life outside of the workplace. you practically live at your job. They expect 1 person to do the job of 8… Advice to Senior Management: Stop treating employee's like they are in the military. This is not the military. Stop expecting the lower people on the totem pole to pick… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Ok place

Lisle, IL

I have been working at Armour

Pros: The company is a great starting point you learn alot. The… Cons: Poor treatment if your not in the "in" crowd. Promotions are hard… Advice to Senior Management: Give your entry levels more time and stop favoring those people who have… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Armour.

Worked for Armour? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Armour reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Armour CEO Mike Brown. All reviews posted anonymously by Armour employees.