Armstrong Garden Centers
www.armstronggarden.com Glendora, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Armstrong Garden Center

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
Santa Monica, CA

ProsWorking outside in a beautiful environment is the best reason. It really feels good to work in the fresh air and amongst the plant life. You also get some exercise in the nursery. Also, not stuck behind a desk all day. Dealing with people on an everyday business in a social environment is also very enjoyable. There are many return customers so there are some nice relationships that can develop there. Overall, the other employees are nice people who do have good intentions, although there are spats between employees once in a while, but I believe that occurs within companies everywhere.

ConsDealing with retail customers can be a painful experience. Also, does not pay great, and the need to work weekends.

Advice to Senior ManagementI noticed many of the employees who had worked at the nursery had animosity towards the management. Overall, the longer the employee had been there the more it seemed they complained. That is one reason I didn't want to stick around.

Get to work with beautiful plants

Quasi Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at Armstrong Garden Centers

Pros: Bountiful sunshine and interesting plants. Cons: Wages: They do not pay a living wage, and consider 32 hours full time. Scheduling changes at the whim of regional managers. If it… Advice to Senior Management: Time to hire a professional leadership team that can manage… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

red flags

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Armstrong Garden Centers

Pros: fresh air, working in a pretty environment, nice co-workers Cons: awful management; corporate greed; mostly part-timers working with 0 benefits… Advice to Senior Management: take some advice from Howard Schultz owner of Starbucks No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Armstrong Garden Centers.

Worked for Armstrong Garden Centers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Armstrong Garden Centers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Armstrong Garden Centers CEO Michael Kunce. All reviews posted anonymously by Armstrong Garden Centers employees.