Armstrong Garden Centers

Nice place to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Armstrong Garden Centers

Pros

Being outdoors, working with great customers, nice mix of personalities.

Cons

Low pay, not much incentive to give your all. Unmotivated and stagnant store managers.

Make sure your regionals are like real people and not brainwashed fools.

18 Other Employee Reviews for Armstrong Garden Centers (View Most Recent)

Landscape Designer

Current Employee - Landscape Designer  in  Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Landscape Designer in Orange, CA

I have been working at Armstrong Garden Centers full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working alongside customers to design and create great outdoor spaces. As a designer, I am provided customer information, visit with customers to understand their vision for their project and then my job is to be creative. I am excited to get to create small spaces including vegetable gardens or small color gardens to big spaces including pools, hardscapes and major landscape rennovations. I make my own hours, get to be creative and have the support and backing of a corporation including benefits and paid vacation.

Cons

We are busy! There is never a dull moment and we are always busy with new customer projects.

Hard work didn't pay off.

I worked at Armstrong Garden Centers full-time

Pros

Great place to work hard (really hard) outdoors and with people, and, of course plants!

Cons

There is not much room for advancement in this company. There is an Assistant Manager and a Manager in each store. The Corporate office is located in Glendora, CA, so unless you are willing to relocate for an opportunity at Corporate, your options for advancement are limited.

Create opportunities for intermediary advancement, such as 'Pesticide/Herbicide Expert' and be sure to reward that advancement with a bump in pay.

Armstrong Garden Centers Response

Aug 18, 2014Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide your insight on our profile. We take great measures to provide continued growth opportunities to all associates and are proud of those associates who take ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Armstrong Garden Centers

Worked for Armstrong Garden Centers? Contribute to the Community!