Armstrong Garden Centers

Nice place to work

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Armstrong Garden Centers

Pros

Being outdoors, working with great customers, nice mix of personalities.

Cons

Low pay, not much incentive to give your all. Unmotivated and stagnant store managers.

Advice to Management

Make sure your regionals are like real people and not brainwashed fools.

reviews filtered by
  1. Nursery Professional

Current Employee - Nursery Professional in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Nursery Professional in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Armstrong Garden Centers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I built a great career with Armstrong and am proud of the career that I have built and my Employee Stock Ownership Account. I began as a part time maintenance employee and worked to improve my plant knowledge. I took advantage of Armstrong training programs and the great team I worked with and was promoted to Nursery Professional. I love the team that I work with and helping customers each day - designing their outdoor spaces. The hard work pays off - my Employee Stock Ownership Account continues to grow and all of this is money the company has put aside for my individual retirement - at no cost to me.

Cons

Working in a garden center is hard work. There is a lot of physical work, but it all pays off when the customers comment on how beautiful our store looks. There is also a lot to learn - but this makes it fun - there's never a dull moment!

Advice to Management

Continue to develop the team and continue to provide great training programs. These opportunities have allowed me to grow personally and financially. I hope that others find the value in being able to build their career with one company.

2. Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Nursery Professional in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Nursery Professional in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Armstrong Garden Centers full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working outdoors and building my future through my Employee Stock Ownership account. Where else can you work outside, design customers outdoor spaces and receive ownership in the company.

Cons

Hard work - but it pays off. Our Employee Ownership Plan is unlike any other company. We work hard and have a voice in the company that we all own.

Advice to Management

continue to bring in great new team members. Our company is growing with new locations and we should continue to focus on employees who are focused on great customer service.