Armstrong World Industries

www.armstrong.com
  www.armstrong.com
There are newer employer reviews for Armstrong World Industries

Overall good job,pay, and Benefits (Macon, Ga.)

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

I worked at Armstrong World Industries

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits for the work. Great communication between employees and management.

Cons

If you have low seniority it will take years to move up without being rolled off of your position. When production is low you have to stay home and draw temperary unemployment. Alot of the people that have high seniority at this plant are some of the most laziest people that I have ever came across in my life and they don't take pride in their work. I think it is sad that they take their jobs for granted which is ridiculous when there are so many people in this country out of work.

New employees who actually care about their job.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Armstrong World Industries (View Most Recent)

Good company but requires a lot out of its employees. Definitely not for slackers

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at Armstrong World Industries full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

You get good experience. The people are warm and caring.

Cons

Long hours. Always on feel like you have to be available all the time. They've outsourced some finance and IT functions and it makes life frustrating when you have to deal with a vendor or have an IT issue.

Compliance by small town people but no real opportunity

Former Employee - Sales Research in Lancaster, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Research in Lancaster, PA

I worked at Armstrong World Industries full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very little commute traffic. Very low expectations on education and intelligence for management. You can basically go to a crappy school and make decent money here. Only in Lancaster would this happen.

Cons

The company is headquartered in Lancaster, PA and most people have the small town mentality which has become part of the culture here . Gossip mill where everyone is concerned about each other's personal lives.

Employees here are happy making $40-50k a year and think they are "lucky" to have that salary. Once I got out of Circle A and moved to a major city to work for a Fortune 500, I saw that a business minded corporation operates. There is no drive for success here.

There are newer employer reviews for Armstrong World Industries