Arnold Clark

www.arnoldclark.co.uk
  www.arnoldclark.co.uk
There are newer employer reviews for Arnold Clark

Prepare for boredom and bullying

Former Employee - Sales Executive
Former Employee - Sales Executive

I worked at Arnold Clark full-time (more than an year)

Pros

company car and a handfull of decent people

Cons

Very long hours ignorant managers and old fashioned culture of psychological torture to get sales execs to meet targets. I was there for a couple of years and the only people making decent money had been there for ten years. When I took the job two years ago the basic salary was £8000, which is probably the worst you could get. They recently doubled the salary but only for new people starting, the current staff were not given pay rise, which is probably illegal, Anyone know? I left because they started employing people with no experience giving them twice my salary. Most of your wages is commision so when you have a bad month you dont get paid much.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Arnold Clark (View Most Recent)

Total disrespect for employees by management...

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Paisley, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Executive in Paisley, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Arnold Clark

Pros

Working with some great people in sales, servicing and generally at the branch. Making money if that's what you are chasing.

Cons

Management have total disrespect for their sales staff. I have been spoken to in the most derogatory manner umpteen times since starting. Recently, I was told that if I didn't get out my managers face that he would do sonething not suitable for here and this in front of fellow colleagues at the time. This type of behaviour should never be tolerated. However it seems AC are like a law in itself and will always see the point of their management.

I beg you to revise your standards in management behaviour and professionalism. A overall review of protocol and guidelines have to be set across the establishment from upper management right down to sales managers. If this continues, I'm pretty certain that things could escalate to retaliation from employees.

Information Technology

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I have been working at Arnold Clark full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good IT equipment, friendly work colleagues, free coffee. That's about it really. The rest is so bad. It sucks big time.

Cons

Too much that I can't be bothered listing. Lied about benefits: pension sucks in line with government mandated levels, health care doesn't kick in until a year of service. Paid leave was government mandated. they provided bare minimum remuneration. A few people just go missing and never talked about again (sacked).

Do what you want, I'm outta here soon. Advice to potential employees: if no one else will hire you then settle for this place.

There are newer employer reviews for Arnold Clark